Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Being new as well - I am hoping this thread will offer lots of information.
We received a packet from the county and in it there is a list per age range of the amount received per day. For infants its est. $20 through preteens at $30 (per day) is this accurate?
Also, does anyone know why the time frame varies in each county? For example, the county I live in, the classes (MAPP) begin at the end of March and they told me the entire process takes 10-12 weeks at most. Then I call the neighboring county (which is smaller) and their classes begin late March as well, however, they told me that I could expect a placement early January of 2010.
Thats a big difference.
I have been reading through this site on a daily basis, and due to not being a foster parent just yet, I dont really have much to share. But I do want to get to know everyone, and be a part of the board, so I am trying to post where I can offer so input.
I must say though, this is one of the most informative boards I have come across (re: adoption/foster). Its so great to have it stay on topic and the information is extremely helpful.
There are other sites I became a member on as well, but the groups seem to be tight knit and mostly post about their daily lives, stuff they have for sale, where there are deals..etc. lol.
Anyway - thanks to everyone for always offering the information.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Alina
ps. If there is anything you'd like to ask about me, please dont hesitate.