Advertisements
Advertisements
On behalf of someone I know, I would like information regarding the birth mother (or father) of a girl born on April 25, 1966 in New York City who was later adopted. Thank you.
Advertisements
If you know her DOB and/or birth certificate number (which will be the same as the one on her amended birth certificate), you can search the birth index in NYC Library of Social Sciences for birth parent names.
Go to Geneology Dept of Main Library on 42nd and 5th avenue. Call ahead for hours. You cant' take books out.
You need to find a match to the last 4-5 digits of the birth certificate number for the year in which she was born. This works mostly for people adopted close to birth not years afterward, typically.
Advertisements
I can be reached regarding the adoptee born April 25, 1966 in New York, at both zigory@comcast.net and gregoryzeigerson@yahoo.com, but I rarely check the yahoo address these days. I am also at 908-578-1354 and 908-654-3496. Feel free to leave a message if you know anything about the birth parents or family of a female adoptee born on tat date in New York. Thank you.
Update: Thanks to DNA matching on Ancestry.com, she has found her birth mother, father and grandmother, all of whom are alive and well, and have warmly welcomed her into their families.
I can be reached at gregoryzeigerson@yahoo.com, but I rarely check the yahoo address these days. I am also at 908-578-1354. Feel free to leave a message.
1 Liked
 likes this.