Advertisements
Advertisements
When we went to China for our first daughter, we used the Texas Medical Kit. It was a lifesaver. They've discontinued marketing them and Hands Across The Ocean has filled the void. Their kit has everything that the Texas kit had, without the prescription meds...which REALLY should come from your personal physician. The website also has good travel info and tips for international adopters. There is also a charitable angle with funds supporting orphanage projects in China, Brazil and Tajikistan. The cost is basically what you'd pay if you went shlepping from store to store, trying to find all the items on your list. I know that we were SLAMMED for time, so the convenience was well worth it.
The website is [url]www.handsacrosstheocean.org[/url]
Does anyone know if this organization is still in business? Their website/emailbox is unavailable for access. Perhaps you know of someone else who took it over? Just wanting to plan ahead...if they aren't available, I suppose I'll just go with the list from the agency. Thanks!
Kay
Advertisements
Orphan Allies out of Texas offers a kit. It's profits go to humanitarian aid. Address is [url]www.orphanallies.org[/url]
The kit has nonprescription meds,nail clipper kit and other tolietries and 4 rx meds-one for scabies, one for eye infection, one for ear infection and one for diaper rash infection and also includes pamphlets on many common medical issues, developmental stages, etc. I think it is $77 and arrives in 2-5 days.