Advertisements
Advertisements
i grew up in a foster home from age 8 until 18 in cincinnati, along with my half sister, samantha.
my biological mother claimed that she gave birth to another daughter about a year after samantha and i were placed in foster care. this would be around 1974 or 1975. we were told that her name was Amber and judging by the picture my biological mother showed us, she is caucasian with dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
here's where it gets complicated: Evelyn (bm) was/is a pathological liar. she had me convinced for years that i had a fraternal twin and it wasn't until i found my birth certificate that i realized this was all bogus.
Evelyn had multiple husbands also. Her maiden name was Elder, then she married Bill Schardine (my dad), John Marsh (my sister Samantha's dad), Bob Barwick (supposedly Amber's dad), and the last I heard, Dennis Humphries. By this time she had a hysterectomy and could stop reproducing (probably the best thing).
I have not had any contact with Evelyn for many many years. Her sister, Judy Elder-Kohler still lives in Cincinnati but I haven't seen or spoken to her since my foster mother died in 1991.
I don't know if Amber really exists or not but if she does, I want her to know that not everyone with our mother's genes is flawed. I am a 37 year old medical professional with a handsome, brilliant (in my opinion) 17 year old son. My sister Samantha works at a large bank in Knoxville, TN and has a 14 year old daughter named Savannah.
Sometimes I think Samantha and I "escaped" our family's destiny of losing custody of our children because we left the environment. Sadly, my great grandmother lost her kids for a while, my grandmother lost hers and most of my biological mother's sisters' and brothers' kids ended up in foster care or completely adopted out; my aunt Phyllis Parker lost all 5 of her kids before she was 21 years old.
Anyway, I just thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone responds one way or another.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Brenda Schardine
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi Brenda. By pure chance I came across this post today. I am Amber. I do exist. My name was changed when I was adopted. I was born in 1974. I have a picture of you, Samantha and Evelyn if you need proof. I tried to message you on facebook... don't know if you received it. Hope to hear from you
Amy