Advertisements
Advertisements
Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. You must be feeling very frustrated!
Though I can't comment on the caliber of any adoption professional's work, I certainly understand the challenge of hiring a professional with which you are dissatisfied.
Unfortunately, adoption facilitators are not licensed, and so are not subject to the regulations that agencies and facilitators are. I'm glad you're trying to report your concerns to the BBB, and I appreciate your sharing information with this forum.
What will you do now in your path to adoption?
-Sara Lively, Forum Moderator
Founder of Adoption Paths
Advertisements
Hi Sara,
I just got through suing AFS in small claims court. We chose another adoption agency after signing their contract because we didn't feel comfortable with them. They said they would refund half of our deposit, but they never did.
I won a judgement against them in the first hearing, but in their appeal the decision was reversed, and I ended up having pay their court costs. I did file a complaint with Better Business Bureau, so at least they are leaving a trail than others can find, and hopefully not use their services.
Adam