Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone:
Please tell any adoption authors that they may post messages to other adoption professionals on this forum.
Thank you very much.
Hi there.I just stumbled upon this thread today.I wish I had noticed it earlier.I am an adoptee and an adoptive mom .I have two adopted daughters{age 6 and 10 months},and a nine year old bio son.
I felt compelled to write a children's book concerning adoption ,after my six year old started asking sooooo many questions.Chelsea says the book is her book,and a copy of "WhoAmI?" now belongs to her first grade class.The children in thre class will not leave the book on the shelf. All children want to understand adoption.
I self published through Xlibris corp.The book is available online at [url]www.xlibris.com/WhoAmI?.html[/url]
I will be on the news this month,and am currently marketing to local bookstores.So far everything looks good.
"Who Am I?", is a cheerful and colorful picture book with a strong spiritual flaver.The book helps children to celebrate God's love through adoption.The book helps adptees feel more secure and answers a child's most common question.....Who Am I?
I hope you will check it out soon.I would appreciate feedback,too.
I just recently met Sherry K, she published a children's book as well.She posts regulary on the forums.I will have to tell her about this thread.I think it is a great idea!!!!
Sherry and I are planning to do a book swap,as well.Our adopted daughters are near the same age,and should benefit from the book exchange.Check out her book on Adoption Shop.My book should be available soon through Adoption Shop.
Talk soon,
Stacie
We would love to hear from other authors out there!!!
Advertisements
Good morning Stacie,
Congratulations on the completion of your book. I checked out the Xlibris site and it looks great!
I wish you much luck in marketing your book. It's lots of hard work but well worth it.
Best....Susan
author of The Same Smile
[url]www.thesamesmile.com[/url]
Susan,
Thank you for the compliments,and thank you for checking out my website.
I also looked at your website.It is so touching.I feel for you having experienced such deep loss two times in your life.I would like to read the book.You seem like a woman full of courage.
By the way,thank you for the helpful links.I am marketing my book currently,and contacted an area bookstore that you had on your site.
Thank you,
Stacie
Stacie, do you live in my area? Which bookstore is near to you?
If you need help with marketing, my company the New England Alliance of Self-Published Authors (NEASPA) offers marketing packages. Check out our website [url]www.neaspa.com[/url] for more info.
We are currently marketing 2 adoption books, Chasing Away the Shadows (adoptee story) and Soul Connection (birthmother story).
Let me know if I can help you.
Susan
Hi,
I have just recently written a book about our experience with our foster/adopt children. We've recently been blessed with a 3 child sibling group, and the book is written as if my 5 yr old daughter was the author. It is written as a chapter book. I am looking for a publisher at this point, but I am very excited about the book. I plan to write a series clear up until the kids are teens.
The books called "My New Life" and it goes over when we met the kids, and a few of the questions and just regular kids stuff that has come up so far with them. It is for children, at this point probably ages 2-10. This will be my first book published, hopefully not my last......... so if any of you have some advice for the new kid let me know :-)
Thanks for starting this thread, I have been looking all over for places to talk about the book!
Carrie :-)
Advertisements
Congrats Carrie!I actually self published through Xlibris Corp.I am very pleased with what they have to offer,etc.
Feel free to review my book available on that website.I would like to hear what you think about it.
[url]www.xlibris.com/WhoAmI?.html[/url]
I am happy to hear that you have written your first book.Who Am I?, is also my first book.I may write additional books.I would love to hear more about your book.
I am happy that I discovered this forum.We all need support.
Susan,I have already purchased a marketing kit through Xlibris,which offers primarily what you offer.I did find the links that you posted useful,and I thank you for the info.I appreciate your volunteering to help me get started with marketing.
This really is an exciting adventure.I live in Ky,and actually have an appointment to be on one of our local news channels already.Also, UK Alumni magazine is planning to do a feature on my book in April,hopefully.Hooray.
Things are moving right along.
Thanks ladies.
I do hope new authors ,as well as published and experienced authors will continue to post here.
Stacie, if you are interested in purchasing my book, The Same Smile, it is available through my website [url]www.thesamesmile.com[/url] or thru amazon.com.
Again, I wish you much success with your book.
Hugs, Susan
Carrie, if you are interested in Self-publishing you can go to my website for lots of info... [url]www.neaspa.com[/url] .... if anything sounds like something you would like to do, just email me at contact@neaspa.com
Good luck on your publishing adventure,
Susan
Author of The Same Smile
[url]www.thesamesmile.com[/url]
Hello to All!
I'd like to share with you some press material I have on an adoption book I have just recently re-read entitled, Soul Connection by Ann Hughes. Visit her webpage at [url]www.neaspa.com/id13.html[/url]
"Is there any such thing as an accident? Have you ever wondered if there could be a Plan for your life?
In 1965, an American girl strolling in the Tuileries Gardens meets a handsome young Parisian. He will be the father of her first child. But she will never see him again.
On the day of her birth, her infant daughter will slip through her fingers and into the arms of strangers. Twenty three years later she will embark on a search for the baby girl she named Jennifer Lynn."
Ann Hughes' journey begins from the inside - out...inspired by her conviction that life is not merely random cruelty or luck...but instead a pathway of endless opportunity to grow and serve others.
Soul Connection is not just about the loss of a child to adoption, but the loss of self-esteem, the loss of a marriage and then multiple losses in the search. The real story is about how one picks oneself up from a punch in the gut and expands his or her horizons to move on in a new way -- guided by what is learned, without rancor, in the process.
Soul Connection is a detective story set in a spiritual plane...using astrology, prayer, and a belief in life's serendipity and synchronicity in the quest for the lost Jennifer Lynn.
This book is a "must read" for everyone who has ever suffered the loss of a child and hopes for peace and healing. So do yourself a favor, buy a copy, find a comfy spot and read until your heart's content.
Hugs, Susan
Advertisements
Good Day All!
I have good news. There is a new adoption book, "Not Remembered-Never Forgotten," by author, Robert Hafetz. It will be released on or about August 1, 2005.
I had both the privilege and the pleasure of reading Bob's manuscript and suggest you check out his webpage at [url]www.neaspa.com/id14.html[/url] to read about both Bob and his amazing story.
You won't be sorry you did.
Happy Reading!
Here is the title of a new book you can get from Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com....Blended Hearts, Broken Promises by Linda J. Kats, Ed.D. That would be me.
I am a birthgrandmother. My grandson was placed 8 years ago. This is our story.
Hope this helps.
Good Day All!
I have good news. There is a new adoption book, "Not Remembered-Never Forgotten," by author, Robert Hafetz. It will be released on or about August 1, 2005.
I had both the privilege and the pleasure of reading Bob's manuscript and suggest you check out his webpage at [url]www.neaspa.com/id14.htm[/url] to read about both Bob and his amazing story.
You won't be sorry you did.
Happy Reading!
Susan
The book looks wonderful.I will check it out,and will tell others about this book.Thank you for sharing it with us.
Advertisements
Well, I just stumbled across this thread, and thought I would get it going again. It is great to hear about others who were inspired, as I was, to write because they were personally touched by adoption.
I have written a children's book that will be available soon. I had serious interest from three publishers, including two of the big ones. However, the manuscript was not acquired (not commercial enough:confused: ), so I am self-publishing it through Authorhouse.
When we finalized my daughter's adoption at age four, I was unable to find just the right children's adoption book for her, because the vast majority of them reflect infant adoptions. My book is a loving message of reassurance spoken to the child by his/her new parents. It acknowledges the milestones that the new parents missed, as well as looking forward to the memories they will make together. It reassures the child of their permanent place in the family.
My book is called, Welcome Home, Forever Child; A Celebration of Children Adopted as Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Beyond. The book should be available in December 2006 or January 2007 on the big three online booksellers, as well as the Authorhouse website (at a discounted price).
I am thrilled to have some wonderful endorsements for my book from the following adoption/parenting experts and authors: Regina M. Kupecky, Foster Cline, M.D., Jayne E. Schooler, and Mary Hopkins-Best.
Good luck to everyone in their publishing endeavors!
Christine Mitchell