Advertisements
Advertisements
Welcome to the Search and Reunion Message Board!
For adoption related information and records:
Georgia Department of Human Resources
Division of Children and Family Services, Office of Adoptions
2 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 3-323
Atlanta, GA 30303-3142
(404) 657-3558
Fax: (404) 659-9498
Requesting Non-Identifying Information: Adopted adults age 21 or older and adoptive parents of an adoptee younger than 21 can obtain information. Contact the adoption agency that facilitated the adoption.
Requesting Identifying Information: An adopted adult can receive information if the birth parents have filed a consent. If no consent is on file, an intermediary will search for the birth parents to see if the birth parents will file a consent for release of information. If the birth parents are not located, the adopted adult can then file a petition to release the information on the birth parents.
Using the State of Georgia Adoption Registry: The following persons may register: adopted adults 21 or older, adoptive parents of an adoptee younger than 21, birth parents, and birth siblings.
Georgia Adoption Reunion Registry
Families First/Office of Adoptions
2 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Suite # 323
Atlanta, GA 30303-3142
(404) 657-3555
(888) 328-0055
Requesting an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized.
Other great websites to check out:
[url=http://www.adoptionchat.com]Adoption.com Forums[/url]
[url=http://www.adoptionlists.com]Adoption Lists - Photolistings, Support Groups, Mailing Lists - Agency, Exchange, Failed, Feel, Find[/url]
[url=http://www.adoption.com]Adoption.com - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=http://www.adopting.org]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=http://registry.adoption.com/]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]
Is there any other agency in the state of GA who would hold adoption records other than the GARR? I know for a fact that my mother gave a son up for adoption but upon contacting the GARR they said that they have no record whatsoever of this happening.
My mother will not give up any information...is there anyone else I can go to? Thanks.
Advertisements
Iam sorry your mother will not give u any info on your brother.Iam in search of m birth mother I was born in Albany Ga.I have searched so long with no luck.There is no record of my adoption either.What little info I have I have gotten from my adopted mother.I hope one day she will want to find me.By the way my name is David and I THINK I was bon in 1971 but I heard in the state of Ga it was legal to change the date and year up to a year. Good luck on your search.
Thank you for your reply. We have been searching for our brother for over 11 years now...always running into brick walls
because my mother won't even give us an exact date of birth to go on. All we know is that he was born sometime in 1965 in
Atlanta. It seems that back then they made it way too easy to put a child up for adoption and there be no record of it.
I wish you the best of luck in your search...I hope you find what you are looking for.
Sorry your having so much trouble have you tried renunion regestry? They have been very helpful in reuniting adoptees with parents and family.Good luck on your search and if i can be of any help just let me know!!!! helpme
I know my case number, my birth name, and little things, but this address in Atlanta, can they help me? I was born in 1969 in Savannah, Georgia.
What do you say to this Atlanta office when contacting them?
Advertisements
I am Annette Pitts-Case. I have for many years been in search for my birth parents. I was born in Albany Ga, in 1958. My parents picked me up at the doctors home and hios wife visited my parents about 3 mos after I was born. Dr Charles Lamb is tthe doctor. I have found out from the lawyer that handled the adoption for my parents. That I have a half brother about 5 years older than I. We feel he was adopted by doctor Lamb because all of his children were adopted. We need to fight the state to get our records opened. We have the right to know our hertiage and medical history.
What is the reunion registry? I'm new here and reading thru some threads trying to decide where to post. I'm in search of any family I may have from GA, but have no clue where to start since I don't have any info. to go on and the state agency I came from wants $ to help - I personally think that's wrong, but the way it is and I don't have the amt. they want - $300 plus. Any help where I can post my info. free would be great. Cindy
I Know what GARR stands for now,but alot of people don't,I think it should be posted as Families first & why is it that I don't see that listed? I can't post my thread because I don't see my agency listed,can I get help on this topic? Am I overlooking it??:coffee:
ala30012
Is there any other agency in the state of GA who would hold adoption records other than the GARR? I know for a fact that my mother gave a son up for adoption but upon contacting the GARR they said that they have no record whatsoever of this happening.
My mother will not give up any information...is there anyone else I can go to? Thanks.
My mother won't give up any information either. Are you sure it wasn't a daughter your mother gave up? My mom was born Dec. 27, 1955 in Fulton County, GA.
Advertisements