Advertisements
Advertisements
We are looking at Children's Home Society of New Jersey in Trenton and Jewish Family Services of Central New Jersey in Fanwood to do our Home Study. DOes anyone have experience with either? If not, can you highly recommend another?
Hello,
Both my husband and I are from New Jersey. We recommend the home study company, Better Living Services located in Westfield, NJ. The Director's name is Eugenia Pankow. The telephone number is: 908-654-0277. We thought that they were very professional and very sweet. We also thought that the social worker took my husband's schedule into consideration and was very accommodating when making the appointments.
Good Luck :o
Lynn
Advertisements
Thanks for the information.
Which agency are you using for the adoption and what country?
I'm looking for feedback on International Assistance Group (IAG) and European Adoption Consultants. We're probably going to go through Russia (or possibly Belarus.) Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!
Christine
Christine,
You are most welcome. As for my husband and I, we are "doing" a domestic adoption. We had thought about International and all that I can tell you is to DO YOUR RESEARCH! Contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as well as some surfing on the internet. I think that there is a website called [url]http://www.pbwebstuff.com/tasha/[/url] (Tasha and Her Sisters) it is free to use and they offer those agencies to stay away from.
It figured that the one that I thought was okay, was NOT. So many people told me to stay clear of them. Even the BBB told me that there were 8 filed complaints. When I asked the agency about them, they just got extremely defensive and did not offer to explain what had happened and if they were resolved.
I am not saying that you should not adopt from Russia, but to truly do your research and ask people in this forum about their experiences and see how it goes. Both my husband and I were going about the International route for the wrong reasons, we are now much more comfortable with our domestic journey and know that God has this plan for us for a reason. Everything with our domestic adoption process feels so right and is what we would like very much to happen. The only situation we have now, is having our birthmother call us like she promises. We just think that this is very overwhelming for her, as she is also planning a wedding!
Good luck to you and your family:)
Lynn
Best of luck to you.
Would you mind telling me what agency you were looking at for International and found wasn't reputable? You can email me privately (PM) if you don't wish to disclose it here.
I do not mind at all. I think that all people should be very careful when selecting anyone to do an adoption.
The name of the agency is The Yunona Group. I believe that this is just a subsidery of their larger agency.
This is what the BBB told me...The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's file was opened or over the last 36 months, whichever is less. Yunona USA has had 8 complaints. 5 were closed as Resolved. 1 was closed as Unresolved. 2 were closed as No Response.
Here is what I gathered from that free website, Tasha and Her Sisters:
Yunona Relief Fund and I don't think that one places children but owns * all the domain names for the below websites
Ivan Jerdev
2355 Eva Street
Napa, CA 94559
(NONE of the so-called agencies are licensed or registered as an adoption agency or facilitator as required by CA law - ALL of these are websites)
*Yunona Orphan Relief Fund
*Angels International Adoption Agency
*Adopt With Love Agency
*Adorable Adoption Agency
*Yunona USA Adoption Agency
*Alla Adoption Agency
*Malishka Adoption Agency
*Adoption Abroad
*Siblings Adoption
and I want to announce his newest baby:
*International Adoption Information Group
[url]http://www.adoptionadoption.com[/url]
I happen to find them because of their "pop-up" ad. I have not seen it since...hmm...
Best of luck,
Lynn
Advertisements
Hi all,
When my wife and I first started looking to adopt, we were told to get our home study done first and then find an agency. All well and good until you find an agency that refuses to accept any outside home study except one done by their own people.
We had a home study done by one agency that we thought we'd stay with, but decided to switch and one of the agencies we're considering going with doesn't accept anyone else's home study. This means that the $750 we spent on the first home study is lost and now we have to pay another $1,000 for this agency's home study.
I plan to see if they'll just do an update for less money.
So be careful when choosing an agency that they're open to accepting other agencies/companies home studies.
Peacew,
Gary & Nancy . . .
Hello,
My husband and I had a bad experience with our first choice of an adoption agency so we moved on and when it was time to update our homestudy we called Trention and got a list of names of agencies that had a good reputation with the state. After doing research we chose HAPS - Homestiudies and Adoptions Placement Services. They do international and domestic adoptions. They were wonderful and very helpful. They are also reasonable with their pricing. Please check them out. Their website is [url]www.haps.org[/url]
Thanks and Good Luck
EMMY
Emmy,
Thanks for the info. We looked into HAPS at one point and found most of their adoptions (80%+) were international. I just gave them a call for information, so we'll see what comes up.
Peace,
Gary . . .
Gary,
That is good news. We dealt with Michelle from HAPS. She is the social worker that did our update. She was wonderful. We are also doing a domestic adoption. Once we told them what we wanted they did not push anything else.
Good Luck
Emmy
Advertisements
Can anyone help with a questions on medical reports on adoptive parents required by the state of NJ? My husband and I were told by our home study agency (in NJ) that we would have to use their medical forms to be filled out and signed by our doctor (VERY detailed forms.) At the same time, our placement agency has sent the medical forms they require us to fill out for the country (one being just as detailed as the home study agency's form.) Our placement agency, and we, think that, since their form is what is required in country for dossier purposes, our home study agency should accept that (so as not to bog down the doctor with 3 forms for each of us.) The home study agency said no. Their reason is that they have to have a medical on their letterhead. Has anyone else come across this?
Hello,
Yes, we did. It is a losing battle. The agency will insist and they will not change their mind. They will tell you that your doctor should support you and will have to fill out the information. They are very strick about the medical record information. One thing my husband and I found out the hard way was that their is a lot of things that you will have to do over and over again. It may not make sense but the bottom line is that you will have to do it anyway so dont get frustrated just get it done as quickly as possible and move on to the next item. If your doctor gives you a hard time have the agency call and explain it to him. To save time we brought all of our forms at the same time.
Good Luck!
Emmy
Hello,
Yes, we did. It is a losing battle. The agency will insist and they will not change their mind. They will tell you that your doctor should support you and will have to fill out the information. They are very strick about the medical record information. One thing my husband and I found out the hard way was that their is a lot of things that you will have to do over and over again. It may not make sense but the bottom line is that you will have to do it anyway so dont get frustrated just get it done as quickly as possible and move on to the next item. If your doctor gives you a hard time have the agency call and explain it to him. To save time we brought all of our forms at the same time.
Good Luck!
Emmy
What prices are International Homestudies in NJ ? $750 sounds very low, I've been quoted prices from 1100-1500. But I've aslo been told I can go ahead and start a home study before I choose an agency...I'm still choosing a countyy so I haven't chosen an agency...
Advertisements
We checked in to 4 different agencies in NJ and their home study costs ranged from $1,100 to $1,500. We went with Children's Home Society of NJ. Their cost was $1,200. They've been great!
hi there
question for christine...
what is IAG, USCIS and the last thing you recieved. my husband and I are just starting homestudy and I am looking for experiences and info. I am using Family and Children's Services in Elizabeth, which is where my parents adopted me from. 30 years later they are still around has to be a good sign.
thanks