Advertisements
Advertisements
If you were adopted/ born in SC, we need your help for a newspaper article about the types of information given to birthmothers and adoptees from the various agencies throughout the state. (how different they are) We would also like to hear from those who have been reunited including birthmothers and adoptees. We have a feature editor in the Charleston area interested in putting a piece together and needs imput from several of us. Please contact me for more information.
Margaret1960
If you were adopted/ born in SC, we need your help for a newspaper article about the types of information given to birthmothers and adoptees from the various agencies throughout the state. (how different they are) We would also like to hear from those who have been reunited including birthmothers and adoptees. We have a feature editor in the Charleston area interested in putting a piece together and needs imput from several of us. Please contact me for more information.
I WOULD LIKE TO BE A PART OF THIS. UII WAS SENT FROM DSS LAST DECEMBER WITH EVERYTHING BUT PARENTS NAMES. SO CLOSE AND WORKING WITH SEARCH ANGEL RIGHT NOW HOPING SOMETHING HAPPENS SOON. THE UII HAS SO MUCH INFO FOR THOSE WHO MAKE THE CALL TO DSS AND REQUEST IT. YOU'RE ENTITLED TO IT. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT KRIDGEWAY93@YAHOO.COM
Advertisements
i was born in columbia sc. i was born on 6/14/1975. my birth mother gave me the name of Carol. So i was told and that she was 19 and in college. I have 5 kids and I would like to meet my birth parents or family if they want to and I would also like to get my medical history.
PLEASE HELP!!!! also you can email me at pbordeaux@homexpressway.net
To Margret 1960. Are you still looking for information? My name is Phil, I was born in 1959. My Bmom stayed at the FCH. I was born in Charleston SC and Adopted to a family living in Columbia SC. I am currently searching for my Birth Mom thru Omnitrace. I received my NII from DSS. Every piece of information I needed was blacked out that could lead me to my Bmom. The only information I could pull was that she was 16 and the oldest of 4 girls. Hopefully my search will come full circle someday and I can fill the emptiness in my heart.
jackie- i'm an adoptee born in columbia,sc and looking for my bfamily. i read that you found your bdaughters and i wonder if you will share how you went about it. maybe it will help me with my search. i've been searching for many years now and i can't get 1 piece of info. thanks for your help . baby girl Lee 02/28/68
Advertisements
My husband and I have been looking for his birth parents for awhile now. He was born in Charleston, SC at MUSC on January 4th, 1974 at 2:15pm. He was adopted thru an agency in Columbia, SC. The Social workers name was Ms.Graff (sp?). He was born Baby John. He was also told that his parents were very young. Thank you for your help.
I am a birthmother who gave birth to a son in Columbia SC in 1988.
I went through an agency and felt they treated me really great. The lady that handled my case asked me if I had any special requests.
I told her that I wanted the adoptive parents to be christians,I did not want them to have any other children because I did not want my son to be "shoved" aside. I also requested that my son be told he was adopted when he got to the appropriate age.
I also requested to be informed if anything happened to him and they felt he was not going to make it. I do not know if my son has the same blood type as me but...I requested to be called if he needed blood and mine was the type he needed...I have a rare blood type.
While pregnant I made a quilt for my son and it was given to the birthparents. I also wrote him a letter explaining why I chose to put him up for adoption. This was put into his file.
It has been a real long time since my son was adopted but I remember tha lady handling my case telling me that the people who adopted my son were very "well to do" and that they had bought my son a pony.
I know he is now of age to seek me out and hope he will.
Feel free to email me if you need anything else.
Kem
Advertisements
I just received my non identifying information yesterday from the State of Indiana. My birth mom was from South Carolina and was 19 years old. My name was Infant Sleigh at birth. I was born 5/21/53 at Marion County General Hospital (now Wishard Hospital) in Indianapolis IN. My mother was private patient of Dr. Hummons and the doctors that delivered me were Rogers, Gattman and Kruger.
Baby girl born in SC on 5/28/81. Adoption was private. My bf was held in contempt of court according to the court documents. He was also a Sr which means i could have a 1/2 sib. If the court papers r correct my bm last name was dove and bf's loast name was carter. any search angels willing to help for free?
Advertisements
Hello, I was born around July 13-16, 1960. I believe I was born at the Charleston navy base. My adoptive family was navy also. My birth mom's last name may have been "Bailey" or something close, but I am not sure.
You might want to also register at [url=http://www.southcarolinaadoptions.com]South Carolina Adoption Reunion Registry - Reuniting Families Separated by Adoption[/url] and if your adoption went thru DSS in S.C. you can obtain background info from the state.