Advertisements
Advertisements
I am an 1986 Birthmother..my daughter was born 1/4/86 but was told that the DOB and County/State could and would be altered to meet the adoptive parents needs.
If ya want to swap info send me a pm
Thanks
Tammie
Advertisements
I dont understand how they could change that info- it makes me sick. How could anyone ever find me if they were looking or anyone! I feel so lost! My birth date / or so Im told is 5/23/86. I wish you best of luck
I was told by an attorney in Tampa, that although the "state" says that they no longer follow the practice of changing the DOB, that it is still being done, however they can not change the birth weight, length or time of birth. Not much help but it is something.
Keep the faith,
Tammie
I was also a Gladney Adoptee (reunited). I saw my name in the 1968 Birth index and my birthdate was correct. My birthmother confirms that.
I have the 1986 Birth Index in an Access file which is searchable by name, birthdate, county of birth and sex of child. If you are a birthparent who placed a child for adoption in Texas in 1986, this will give you the list of all children born on that day in that county.
I would be more than glad to sort, print and mail or fax a list of names to anyone for a specific birthdate in 1986.
I was in Piester dorm, I think that was the name. The middle dorm. My name there was Shannon Lennon and I was from Oregon. I have kept in touch with two of my friends from there who still live in Texas. I'm planning a trip to Ft. Worth this May to visit Gladney and turn in my registration information in person. Kind of a commemerative trip for my son's May 9th birthday.
Advertisements
I was there as well and my son was born May 4th. Not sure which dorm I was in, but I do remember several of the girls. How is your search going?
I want to find my birth mother. I was born May 22,1986. I think her name is Sheila. She lived at Edna Gladney. She has wavy brown hair and blue eyes and is about 5'3. I was born early at 32 weeks. She was 17. Anybody remember her?? I could really use some help. I am getting married in June and would like to find her before then. Thanks!
Email me spagels@gmail.com if you know anything. :)
Hello SCAJ,
I have the list, but it would include your name (your legal name), not your birthmother's name, unfortunately. It's just a list of all babies born in 1986 in Texas.
Have you contacted Gladney for your non-identifying info file?
Shannon
Advertisements
Browsing through the forums and and thought this may be a good place to start. I was born 9-28-1986 (M) and adopted through Edna Gladney. Any info that can point me in a direction would be appreciated .
1 Liked
 likes this.