Advertisements
Advertisements
Still looking for my birth parents. My mom gave birth to me August of 1971 at the Catharine Booth Hospital in Montreal (NDG to be more specific). Batshaw is not doing a **** thing to help. Any suggestions on how to get the files out of the hospital?
My name was Marc Anthony. I am now a father. Looking forward to hearing of any news.
Thanks
Advertisements
Did batshaw giv eyou your non id info. You may want to start by requesting your non id info firts. There may be something of help in there for you
Tina
mark. I fully understand your frustration and anger at batshaw (sp) but you have a delicate situation here. My advise be as nice and sensative as you can when dealing with these people. you are male and unfortunatly men are the bastards that ran out on all those b-moms making adoption there only recorse. So you see there is a lot of resentment towards men in the triad. plus you atrack more flies with honey rather than vinegar. and brother you are dealing with flies here.
I have heard stories that social worker have left the adoptees file out in plan view for the adoptee to look at and excussed themselves from the room. This can not possibley happen for you if you are angry or demanding to see whats yours. You have to beg with you hat in your hands. It aint fair but thats the way it is.
good luck brother
peace
terry
"Nothing fades as fast as the furture, nothing clings like the past. until we can see , more than this" PG
Hi everyone! I just recently got confirmation that the man who contacted me is indeed my brother. Marc Anthony, I know you are frustrated but try and be persistant, get your non-id info and ask for a match for verification. Good Luck!
;)
This did indeed happen to me in 1983, the social worker who handled my case left the file open and left the room for about 10 minutes. I, however, did not get the hint, and the information was later revealed to me by phone, with confirmation that, in fact that is why she had left the room!
I would just like to say that, had it not been for the worker, I would never have been reunited with my birth mom and the SIX children she had after me. She had since moved to the US, and all of my siblings are Americans. Just this past weekend, I was reunited with all of them, 4 of whom I had never met! We had a blast! I was so lonely growing up as an only child in an abusive adoptive household, and I can't tell you how it feels now to be welcomed into a loving, stable family- my family!
I am still in search of my birth father and 3 more siblings. At the time, I did not want to find him, for I was young and bitter about the circumstances of my birth. Now I've realized that people are not perfect and family is what matters. I will act Monday to revise my position in the reunion registry at Batshaw.
Marc, I hope you've made progess here, if not, never give up! In the end it will be worth it! Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss options.
Since my birth mother was also adopted, with no interest in finding out her background, I have become somewhat of an activist to try and overturn these archaic laws that prevent us from finding our true heritage, while the rest of the population is encouraged to do so. If it's so important for them, how much more so for us?
Anyone interested in signing my petition to the UN can find it at:
[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/Genesis[/url]
(not to be confused with small g regarding the band)
Advertisements
I am a birthmom Stephen and have lived in Montreal all my life...specifically NDG........my son was also born at the Catherine Booth Hospital..(different year)......to help you out , do you know your bmoms last name as I have lived and worked in NDG all my life..........her age and maiden name would help.........good luck in you search...