Advertisements
Advertisements
I adopted from Alamo Adoption Agency in San Antonio, Texas several years ago. Everything went fine and we are blessed as a family. I was recommending this agency to some friends when they informed me that the agency has had some bad press within the last few years. One of the workers was accused and arrested for illegally smuggling birthmothers across the border and puchasing their children. Federal charges were dropped against the agency worker who denied all charges. As of a few months ago, the state said charges maybe forthcoming. The Laredo office has since been closed and the agency remains in business with offices in other parts of Texas. The owners support their employee and deny all allegations.
This is all the information that I can find.
Has anyone else used this agency or heard anything recently about them?
I, too, read some articles regarding the allegations against one of Alamo's employees from the Laredo office. We had a wonderful experience with the San Antonio office in July of 1997 when we adopted our son. Inasmuch as he was born in Austin and the SA office handled the adoption, I choose to consider that everything regarding his situation was "'legit." This almost-7-year-old continues to bring me joy each and every day.
Advertisements
Yes, in 1992 they stole my daughter. I changed my mind after birth. They said I would need to pay a few thousand to get her back, they took her from the hospital and I fought with them for 6 months, had " visitations" after seeing she was not bonding, I decided to let her go to the adoptive family. I was only 20yrs old. Had no idea this was ILLEGAL. I hope they were prosecuted.