Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm in search of my birthparents and siblings. I was born in Atlanta on 8/7/1984 and the adoption was finalized on September 6, 1984. I was adopted through the now-closed agency, Friends of Children, in Atlanta. I know my birthmother was about 27 when she gave birth to me, and her name was Tonya, but she was called Toni. She had 3 previous children, a boy and 2 girls, who's birthdates are about 8/1980, 8/1981, and 3/1983, respectively. The younger girl was also put up for adoption. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at chaotickat@aol.com.
~Kat
I have been searching for my birth family for a long time and you are the closest person that I have found. I was also adopted from Friends of Children. It was a closed adoption so I dont know much. I am just happy to know someone who was adopted from there as well.
good luck!:)
- Jeni
Advertisements
Hi! My name is Lorrie Shaw and I am trying to find my daughter, she was born in Atlanta Ga at Piedmont Hospital, Friends of Children was the agency used. As you know the agency has closed and as a birth mother I cannot get my records to help in my search. I know she wieghed 6lbs. unsure of ounces, 18inches long had brown hair and blue eyes. And I was told that she smiled alot. If this sounds like it could be you or someone you know please e-mail me at lshaw9@msn.com I have been searching for 2yrs. and will continue untill I find her. She needs to know that I loved her and still do,
Thank You and God Bless,
Lorrie Shaw
name at time of birth was- Lorrie Stevens
I am looking for my **. I was born 2-11-86 and weighed 7lb11oz.I was born in chamblee and believe my ** was 21 with another 2 1/2/ yr old daughter at the time.
As u know the agency closed. I dont know where to begin .My mother(adoptive) is also trying to help me has searched all her avenues.
If anyone knows where the records went from friends of children..or any of the staff who could help.. please let me know. Imy mother said she thinks her case worker was named Connie stevens and she other names from the agency if u think that might help.
Thankyou and good luck to u and your search.
Post a message or email me gretchenbg@hotmail.com
I was also adopted at Friends of children....
I'm really upset to hear they closed. Now i'm not sure where to turn... I'm not yet 18... but i'm eagar to look for my birth mother. I was born July 28, 1986.
Try to keep smiling....
-Erin-
i was at the Friends of Children too. i was born on 8/7/1986. my mother was 18 years old. i was put in a foster home for 2 months then was adopted. i was wondering if anyone knew any way of getting information. i have my mothers name and information and thats about it. please get back to me whenever. thank you
Advertisements
Wow! I cant beleive that you have her name and you came from FOC just about everyone Ive met from there has no info or just the non-ID info. Have you done just a regular web search with her name in it? I found a few of my long-lost friends that way. Anyway good luck keep me posted and let me know if you find anything else! :)
Good Luck!,
Lilly
I am looking for my daughter who was adopted thru FOC at birth. Her date of birth was 1-12-84 and she was born at Piedmont hospital. Good luck to us all!
for anyone who has a name of a birth parent try using [url]www.peoplefinders.com[/url] i might have found my birth mother on there and all i had was a name and birth date. good luck to everyone. will keep posted
my daughter was born at piedmont hospital on july 18, 1986. it was the worst night of my life letting her go. friends of children really screwed a lot of people. the state of florida sued them, which was the beginning of the end for them.
i hope one day i can find her. it was a friday night and i don't think any other adoptive mother's were there that night but me.
i hope she can find me. all i want her to know was that i loved her enough to let her go. the decision i made from that point forward were to make a life that she would be proud of should she decide to come find me. i love you baby girl!
mom
Last update on June 29, 4:00 am by Carla Ronk.
Advertisements
I have been searching for my birth family for a long time and you are the closest person that I have found. I was also adopted from Friends of Children. It was a closed adoption so I dont know much. I am just happy to know someone who was adopted from there as well.
good luck!:)
- Jeni
We've been searching for our sibling from a closed adoption from friends of children in Villa Rica, Georgia our entire lives. DOB: 04/09/82
1 Liked
 likes this.