Advertisements
Advertisements
I haven't seen much activity on this forum and the previous thread has many subtopics on it, so I thought I would start a new thread with a roll call to start some discussions:
(1) Are you in the process of adopting, have you already adopted or both?
(2)Domestic or International?If domestic, foster care or newborn?. If international which country and age/gender?
(3)What state do you live in?
(4)Did you use Catholic agency for any part of the adoption?
1. We are in the beginning of the adoption process.
2. Domestic, newborn
3. Michigan
4. We are going through Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County.
Advertisements
pveazie
I haven't seen much activity on this forum and the previous thread has many subtopics on it, so I thought I would start a new thread with a roll call to start some discussions:
Adoptive Dad
(2)Domestic or International?If domestic, foster care or newborn?. If international which country and age/gender?
Domestic
Virginia
No, United Methodist Family Services. Foster to adopt program from Social Services
(1) Are you in the process of adopting, have you already adopted or both? In the process of adoption.
International. Infant. Boy or girl - whatever God gives us! :cheer:
(3)What state do you live in? NY.
(4)Did you use Catholic agency for any part of the adoption? Yes!
We adopted our daughter when she was a day old
(2)Domestic or International?If domestic, foster care or newborn?. If international which country and age/gender? Domestic newborn African American girl
(3)What state do you live in? WI
(4)Did you use Catholic agency for any part of the adoption? no
Hi everyone!
1) We are waiting to be matched
(2)Domestic infant adoption, either sex
(3)TX
(4)No, we are pursuing independent adoption (hoping to connect through networking) and are registered with a small Christian agency. FYI - we've been told locally that catholic charities would be a 5 year wait.
Best of luck everyone!
Anne
Advertisements
1) Are you in the process of adopting, have you already adopted or both?
My Dh and I are in the process of adoption. We've chosen open domestic adoption, so we are in "the wait" for a expectant mother to choose our family for her child.
Domestic, newborn to 2 years old
California
I wish we could have - there's only one Catholic affiliated program in CA, and its located 9 hours from our home (Catholic Charities - Diocese of San Diego).
We chose a agency closer to home - in San Francisco.
Our son was born in January, we are waiting to finalize.
Domestic newborn biracial male
(3)What state do you live in? Virginia
(4)Did you use Catholic agency for any part of the adoption? Yes, we went through Commonwealth Catholic Charities, but were about to switch to another agency when we matched with his birthparents.
pveazie
1. We began looking into adoption in April 2011. We are now (July 2011) in the process of having our HS approved.
2. domestic, newborn
3. Eastern Iowa
4. Not Catholic, but a non-profit named Bethany.
We're just starting to save to adopt.
Domestic newborn.
Oregon
We're hoping to use Catholic Charities.
Advertisements
Hello gang,
My husband and I are proud adoptive parents of a beautiful baby girl.
Our angel is just shy of 10 months.
We had a domestic infant adoption through Catholic Charities. We have a semi-open adoption and were involved in the last trimester of our daughters first mothers pregnancy. We were blessed to attend ultrasounds and visits at the hospital when our girl was born. We brought her home from the hospital at 72 hours.
We reside in Florida.
Great experience, true blessing. We would not have changed anything through this process.
We are currently waiting for our finalization hearing and our adoption will be complete!
Should we chooses to grow our family, I will use catholic charities again.
God Bless and Good Luck!!!
Hello I am new to this site so let me introduce myself.
My wonderful husband and I have been married going on 10yrs. We are Catholic and live in KY.
We have 1 Amazing Son- that was adopted in 5/2005 We where there when he was born! Still keep in contact with BM.
Started 2nd adoption in 2007 for Domestic Private newborn adoption.
Homestudy is complete and we are waiting, and waiting and waiting....
We have not used Catholic Charites in are area but did contact them several times.
Adoption was finalized this week
Sarted on domestic infant list but our little guy actually came from the foster system, we brought him home at 7days old
Pennsylvania
Bethany Christian Services, I highly recomend them
Tucson/Domestic
Teenager just moved in for adoption.
St. Nick's Catholic Adoption Agency
4 bio kids of our own
Advertisements
www.adoptedangel.com
1-800-305-8836
My name is Sophie
I myself was adopted and have over 40 years’ experience of Adoption Awareness offering Support and Guidance with:
NO JUDGMENT – TOTAL EMPATHY
The Importance of Forgiveness
Help of Understanding
Finding Courage
Personal Struggles
All the Challenges and Rewards for Adopted Family
Help instill Wisdom, Love and Inspiration
Find Your Strength Within
WE ALL HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH A SECOND CHANCE. CALL ME AT 1-800-305-8836 – Sophie
We had a domestic infant adoption through Catholic Charities. We have a semi-open adoption and were involved in the last trimester of our daughters first mothers pregnancy. We were blessed to attend ultrasounds and visits at the hospital when our girl was born. We brought her home from the hospital at 72 hours.
Last update on July 6, 4:25 am by mama ji.