Advertisements
Advertisements
We adopted a 5 yr old and her 1-yr old brother this year. The records indicate big sister was potty trained at 1 1/2 but go on to say there is no proof of this claim made by birthmom.....
Our son is almost 23 months and the last few weeks have been horrible---every five mins he pulls on his diaper and demands it to be changed.....even when it is still dry. I had him checked by the doctor and there is no infection or problem down there.
He strips nude if we do not pin his clothes on him or dress him in unremovable clothes.....and recently has taken up a habbit of getting a 'present' out of his diaper and chasing sissy around.
We have a potty chair and he likes to sit on it---but, only if all of his clothes are off......he is clearly 'not getting it' the few times we have let him sit on his chair......
Should I actually start trying to train him? I really think he is too young but, today I have changed 15 diapers in 6 hours due to his demands to be changed......urg this is driving me crazy as well as dressing him in combat gear---and safety pinning everything back on---I worry he will master the safety pins and get hurt---and if he is ready I don't want to prevent him from learning...... any input is welcome.
He seems like a real spitfire to me!!! When children are ready...they're ready....even when we're not!! I would give the potty training a shot...let your child lead you to what he wants to do. If he's happy sitting naked on a potty for goodness sake..let him...he's showing you his true independence!! Good luck with the potty training!!!! Hugs, Brenda
Advertisements
Originally posted by HappyMomAnna
He strips nude if we do not pin his clothes on him or dress him in unremovable clothes.....
For what its worth, my 2 year old (next Monday to be exact) is doing the same thing. I have FINALLY found a use for safety pins!
-Scott
Hi. I think you should absolutely start! I would let my daughters run around w/nothing on their bottoms and when they started peeing I'd just move them over to the potty (I had to be RIGHT THERE always, so that was a bit tiring, but they "got it" quickly). I'd congratulate them if they got ANY in the potty and just quietly clean up the mess when there was some.
I started training each daughter at 18 months and both were 100% done for daytime by the age of 2. I don't think 23 months is too young at all! (One was done at night by 2 1/2 the other is almost 3 right now and still needs a diaper at night).
Take advantage before he changes his mind!!
:)