Advertisements
Advertisements
born in Ga. 7/6/64 adoption took place in Alabama. I have contacted the office of adoption in Al. they tell me there is no file for me in Alabama that all was sent to Ga. because that is where i was born. Ga. disputes this information and says it all stays in the state where the paperwork was finalized. so who is telling the truth. If it is Ga. then the laws are different. caught between two states.I have always been told my father was native am. dont know if this is true but, i would like to know. it would explain alot. I contacted some of the native am. nations to ask for help but unfortunately they need a name. I am beginning to think it is not for me to find any ans. and just let go. can't fight two states at once.
Hi. I do not if this will help or not. I was born in 1970 in Georgia and was adopted at birth. My aparents who adopted me did this through Family and Children Services and the papers state that I was adopted in Dekalb County, Georgia. This is another area of Georgia, not the county where I was born. When I decided to search, I contacted the Georgia State Adoption Unit and they released my non-identifying information. I was 22 at the time and I really wanted to know more information about myself and my medical history. They told me that I could have an investigator that worked for the state to do a search for my birthmom if I paid a $200.00 fee. I finally decided to do that because it was very important to me. He did locate her within a few days and notified her that I was looking for her and did she want me to contact her. Then he called and gave me her phone number. From there, we were able to finally meet. Were you adopted at birth? I think that Georgia should have your information if that is where you were born. What is Alabama saying? Well, I do not know if any of this will help or not. I hope you have better luck with your search. Don't give up! It will work out when the time is right. Hugs!
Advertisements
Deborah,
yes I also was adopted at birth. I was born in Fulton County in Atlanta Ga., I think it was a private , but taken to Russell county Al.
I do have siblings somewhere from before I was born and at least one after.
thanks for the encouragement. I needed that.
the info is useful I am going to find out if any agencies were involved dont know how but, I will try.
again thanks.
jul64inatl
I helped locate a birthmother for someone who was born in FL but adopted in AL. AL gave her the original BC since the adoption was finalized there. AL should have the paperwork not the state you were born in. I would contact vital statistics in AL and ask for it.
i was born 11/18/1975 in ft oglethorpe georgia...catoosa county... but was adopted in 1984 or 85 in decatur alabama...
I have met my birth mother in 1995... did not go so well...I now want to get a copy of my original birth certificate JUST to see if my dads name on there.
adopted by her father in 0ct.1981.her birth name was brandy marie pruitt born 06-13-1981.her father called her lisa.he said she was staying in a foster home in alabama and she got sick and went to the hospital. i had left her with my friend abby who was in auburn alabama because i was home less and i could not find her father. he told me the morning the adopting was to go thru that she died at 8 a.m. when the foster mom went to wake her up from her nap. that makes no sense because he also said brandy/lisa cried all night AND NO ONE GOT ANY SLEEP. THE FOSTER MOM SUPPOSEDLY TOOK HER DEAD BODY TO EAST ALABAMA MEMORIAL CENTER IN OPELIKA ALA. AND DR.FREEMAN AND HER WERE THE ONLY 2 PEOPLE WHO SAW HER BODY. HER DAD SAID THE FOSTER MOM CALLED HIM FROM ALA. IN GA. TO TELL HIM SHE DIED. THE HOSPITAL SEALED HER CASKET AND HER FATHER STEVE SAID HIS FATHER got a car and drove the casket in the trunk from opelika ala. to blairesville ga. to bury her in the family plot. i asked him was her name ever legally changed from brandy pruitt to lisa hinnant and he said he does not know, but the judge told him he can put any name he wanted to on the death certificate. he said she had a bacteria infection and that was why they sealed her casket. the death certificate says she died of 3 things. i can only read one of them which says menengities. i asked steve and abby if she had menengoities and they both said no. she went in the hospital with a cold. and she has a small heart mummer.i am also having the same problemn. alabama says they do not have any records of her and the coroners office. also she is not listed in the death index.the hospital in alabama said i can not get her hosapial records because they listed steve as the informant. even though i never signed any papers. he said i abonded her, which i did not. my friend abby came and picked her up in pensacola fl. because i had no home and no job. i was coming back for her.ga. tells me alabama has records. i have been searching for 18 years and have gotten no where. thank you. melody maiden is pruitt. mello41us@yahoo.com. brandy has brown hair and eyes.i last saw her 10-05-1981 at the hospital and steve and his girl friend was theire and the hospital made me leave. he denies havinganything to do with that.
Advertisements