Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I know this is an old thread, but with the new law changes in NY i discovered my Birth Mother was in this house. 53 south broadway Tarrytown is listed as her address on my birth certificate. Her name was Sharon Thomas and I was born in February 1966. While i realize finding her is a long shot, i would be curious to know what happens to these ladies after they give birth. Do they continue to live in the house? hopefully they are not thrown out onto the streets
Typically after birth (at St. John's Riverside, in Yonkers, your mother would be asked to relinquish her parental rights to the County of Westchester where you would have been in foster care for a short time and then handed over to your adoptive family. I believe the children of "Christian" faith would have been offered baptismal rights at the Episcopal Church which may have addition records in Tarrytown. The "actual legal adoption" would usually take place 1 year+ after your birth. If you are interested in additional information about finding your birth parents you should take DNA testing at AncestryDNA , and 23andme to maximize and then upload your results to FTDNA.com and Myheritage.com to look for familial DNA matches. If you would like help check out DNAadoption,com and Facebook support pages: New York Adoptees & Friends, Search squad, and DNA Friends and Family
Sincerely, Dr, Richard Righthand, born to my 16 year old unwed mother, Stephanie, who was forced to give me up for adoption in 1956 and sadly never got to meet me.
1 Liked
 likes this.