After being unsuccessful in giving birth to children of my own, I started to consider other options in growing my family. I have an aunt who adopted a beautiful daughter through domestic infant adoption years ago, and have spent quite a bit of time talking with friends and coworkers who also grew their families through adoption. Seeing how complete their families became with the adoption of their children, and how much joy and happiness it brought to them made me even more excited about growing my family in this way. I have spent countless hours daydreaming of the day that I would become a mother and raise children of my own. Being a mother always felt like something that I was born to do and has been a desire that I feel is also part of my purpose. As I have grown older, I realize that my family has expanded through not just my biological relatives, but also through close friends that I have been blessed with. I will be forever grateful and elated for having the opportunity to expand my family even more and become a mother.
- Race/Ethnicity: Black/African American
- Religion: Christian
Preferences for a child
- Newborn to 1 year of age
- Twins, Triplets or more
- African American (Full), African American (Half), Caucasian (Half), Hispanic (Half), Asian (Half), American Indian (Half)
- Open to discussion
Post Adoption Contact / Level of Openness
- (open to all contact, phone calls, an in person visit before adoption placement, sharing photos and letters after placement, visits at a neutral location after adoption placement etc)
- If you want a more closed adoption, we would honor that request as well.
- * A Caseworker to work with you throughout your pregnancy
- * Counseling
- * Medical Care
- * Maternity-related financial support
- * Legal services
- * Lifelong support through a Post Adoption team.