Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi Linda, have you taken a DNA test? I am looking for a relative who was born at St vincent's philly in April of 63, 64, 65 or 66.
I was born at St. Vincent's Phila in 4/63. Back in 93 I paid for and received non-id at the time i wasn't prepared mentally and financially to go through with the search. years later I decided to go through w/ the search and had to go through the whole process of receiving non-id again, meeting w/ them and so forth. The second time i had a different social worker than the first time, and I received extra info. nothing that helped me find my bmom, but just stuff that was nice to know. Since then they closed the file and are no longer searching.
I suggest you make an appointment to hear your non-id again, they will probably waive the fee, since you already paid it. bring a list of questions with you. Somewhere on this site it lists what they have to give you as non-id. They kept very good records, as far as the medical records go "they were lost in a fire".Some caseworkers feel the need to be more secretive than others. Maybe you'll get someone who gives you more info. Best of luck to you.
Linda