Advertisements
Advertisements
I am currently waiting for my referral from Kemerovo but was told I will receive little if any medical information / video. I am very concerned about this. How will I know how to evaluate the child, will the medical report once I receive it in Russia be translated into English, does the region have the technology so that I can send information to doctors?
Any suggestions ??? Can anyone provide a doctors name that they used? Any doctors to not use?
A very concerned adoptive parent..
Most of us receive very little, if any medical information when we receive a referral. You really need to trust your agency and facilitator that they are offering you a healthy referral. In some cases, parents travel on their first trip and end up declining the referral. In most cases, agencies make arrangements for another referral meeting your criteria to be seen. I was a bit nervous too but the facilitator had just seen the baby before our first trip and said he appeared to be very healthy. Everything ended up being fine and we petitioned to adopt him on that trip. In most regions, you should have the ability to email medical information and photos to an IA doctor and even receive feedback while there if you arrange it ahead of time. We used Dr. Dana Johnson (Univ. of Minnesota) to evaluate our information after we returned from trip 1. We felt really comfortable with our decision to move forward with the adoption but having the Dr review the information made us feel better about everything. Good luck with your adoption.
Lynne
Advertisements
Do some research about International Adoption Dr.s. There are some who will see your referral in person. Others evaluate any info. you are given. Do some research on the web for medical info. The terms and "conditions" are different in Russia than in the US.