Advertisements
Advertisements
Someone asked this question already but the post is almost one year old. Does anyone know of good support groups in the San Diego for parents who are looking into adoption? We are just starting the process, trying to decide between domestic and international adoption, should we use an agency/prive attorney, what pitfalls should we expect, etc. It would be extremely helpful to talk with parents that have been through the process and hear their stories, both good and bad.
Thank you!
I live in San Diego also. There is an adoption coalition which meets at the UTC Mall. I haven't been, but found it on the internet. What agency are you going through? We are using one from our church, and are also exploring the county.
Keep in touch
Leslie
Advertisements
Hi Leslie,
I think the one at UTC is the local RESOLVE chapter. I looked at their website last night and I don't think that they have any meetings that focus on adoption coming up in the near future. I am hoping that I am wrong. I sent an e-mail to the person who leads the adoption group but I have not received a reply yet.
We have not made a commitment to an agency or a lawyer yet. We are hoping to get some feedback from other people before we make a decision.
Thanks,
Andrea
Really check into the Resolve chapter. We are not in San Diego, but in San Francisco and they have frequent adoption information (one night) and 8 week program. It was very helpful, informative, and helped us make a good decision.
Hi,
I just started staying home to spend more time with our 7 year old son Gabriel. (My wife is a doctor so we can afford it.) We also are about to become foster/adoptive parents for a baby girl, so I figured it's about time for me to plug into some kind of Dad's group or adoption group - preferably in the Southbay or central San Diego area.
I'd love to set up a regular weekly playgroup at our house in Chula Vista. We have a playground, trampoline, basketball hoop, huge yard, and a bigscreen T - so it's a good place to have one. Let me know if you are interested.
Please email back at saming@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks,
Sam
I am also in the San Diego area (near Del Mar.) We have an 11 year old bio son and a 4 1/2 year old daughter adopted through the county. She has been in our home for 3 weeks. I would love to get together with adoptive families, preferably at a park in a central location.
Advertisements
I too live in Chula Vista. Maybe we can discuss some matters on a more personal matter. I have a very delicate situation. To make a long story short, I was formerly married and had 3 kids. Relationship went sour due to physical abuse. When I filed for divorce, to all our amazement, the f**g jerk never married me and falsified our marriage certificate! There was nothing to divorce! No records whatsoever. In short I remarried last year. Haven't heard from my x for over a yr w/ no support. Don't know where he is. Now, my current husband would like to adopt my 3 kids, but they are in my x's name. According to my research, he cannot adopt them since the kids carry my x's name. We need his consent. But what of no marriage? That would mean I gave birth as a single mom. Besides, even if I did know where he was, I wouldn't want him near us. He beat me so badly I needed dental restructure.... anyone w/ ideas / suggestions would be great...
Email me:
Mrs_SQ@yahoo.de
Hi All:
I know this is pretty late to post this, but I have started an adoption playgroup called the San Diego Adoption Play Group. You can check out our page at [url="http://www.adoption.meetup.com/82"]www.adoption.meetup.com/82[/url]
Membership is free.
Our next event will be Thursday August 17th from 3-5pm at my house. We are having a swimming party. Please RSVP on our webpage.
Thanks!
Sandra