Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born April 18, 1959. My birth name was Geraldine, my adoptive parents changed my name to Janet. I was adopted by Stella and Wilson Lewis of St. John's, Nfld. I had Brown Hair and Hazel eyes and I have a mole in the centre of my left leg. From what I understand my birth mother was 16 or 17 years of age, she was from St. Mary's bay or St. Marys and was attending school in St. John's when she got pregnant, also I understand she tried her best to take care of me for several months, but with the times being what they were she put me up for adoption. Any information that someone might have would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you
Janet (Lewis) Norman
Hi,
Today is my birthday....still seaching, who knows...maybe next year I will have some answers.
Have a great evening
Advertisements
Good evening
since my last posting I have received my non-identifying info.
My name at birth was Geraldine Mary, I was born April 18, 1959 at 5:45 am weighing 7 Pounds 1 Ounce. My birth mother was approximately 20 years old at the time of my birth and was sent into st. John's where she worked as a domestic until the time of my birth , I was born at Glenbrook Home for unwed mothers and stayed there with my birth mother until she put me up for adoption signing the papers on July 19, 1959. Please note in the info I received she was sad about putting me up for adoption as she had grown very attached to me...her mother felt it was better as the financial situation at home was not good. I do have an older sibling a who is about a year or so older than I (please note that my birth mothers parents took care of my older sibling). My birth mother had two step brothers as her father was previously married and a bioligcal sister from her parents marriage. She is the youngest and was not very close with her siblings. My birth mother was shy and introverted, but was a hard worker. She had short brown hair, Hazel eyes and weighted about 130 pounds. She was born in Nfld. My birth father was about 27 years old, dark hair blue eyes, Tall with a medium built and extremely attractive. This is all the info on my birthfather as they did not know each other very long.
If there is someone out there who reads this and it jogs a memory please please drop me aline.
Have a good evening
Janet
I now know my birth last name it was Jones....my birth mothers name was Nora Mary Jones from Grey Islands Nfld....now to really begin
Have a great Evening
Janet