Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello:
We are currently in the process of adopting a beautiful four year old from Delhi. We started out thinking we wanted a child under two, moved to a preschool age child, and ending up accepting referral of our beautiful little girl. Our agency called to say they had her child study on their desk, and though they knew that we had requested a younger child, they wanted to tell me about her. Several of the agency staff had been to India recently and met her, and simply fell in love with her.
We have been fortunate enough to receive additional photos and even a wonderful video from another family who was there in January. Their little girl was our daughter's best friend, so she was in most of the video. I tell you this only because when my husband and I watch the video, we want to bring all the children home. They range in age from 2 to probably 10 or 11. They are all beautiful, smiling, happy children. They are dancing around, laughing and playing and seem to be so happy and joyful. The video served to reinforce our decision to adopt our Ally, and we know that we made the right choice for our family.
We have been assured by so very many people that the orphanages in India take great care to ensure the emotional well being of its' children. After watching the video, you truly believe this is the case.
Our dossier has been in India for a week now, and we expect to travel in August or September.
So, for what it's worth......
Melanie