Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anybody had any success getting closed adoption records opened in Utah? I was born in 1969, adopted in 1970 and I am searching for my birth mother. I've received NID which was very informative, a copy of the adoption decree which gave me no new information, and am considering petitioning the court to open my closed adoption file. Any suggestions from anybody with experience on this would be much appreciated. It is definitely time for me to come through with this search.
All I need is a name and I am confident that I can do the rest! HELP!!!!
I pititioned the court in utah county(where the adoption was done) and they unsealed the record. but there was no information in the record due to the agency not send ing the required information to court when adoption was done. but the courts are being alot more reasonable in saying yes to open records. you can't loose anything for trying. I am in the process of pititioning the court again for an original birth certificate from vital statistics. I woud defintely give it a shot. best of luck to you.
Advertisements
I was also born in Utah County and am interested in getting my records unsealed. I was always under the understanding that you needed a lawyer to do this, but I'm assuming that you did it yourself. If you could, please give me some details on how you accomplished this?
Thank you!