Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I am looking for my sister who was given up for adoption as I also was! I have met my birth mother, but she refuses to give me any information as to what year she was born, or if she knows where she may be, but I know she was born before my brother and I and I was born in 1975, and My brother was born @72 or 73, we were all born in Lock Haven, PA, in Lock Haven Hospital, our birth mothers name is Trudy long. I f anyone has any information as to my sisters whereabouts, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Hi my name is Celine, I was born in 1971 in Kittanning PA, I think. I am never sure if my birthday is the day I have celebrated for 33 years or if I was born where they say. I am not sure where Lockhaven is.....it may be close to where they say I was born. I was adopted through Catholic Charites, were you?? Hoping to have a connection!! If not good luck in your search....its a hard thing, and sometimes depressing.
Celine
Advertisements
Celine,
I just read your reply, and I am really hopeing that amybe we might be looking for each other!! I am going to try to get ahold of my mom(adopted mom) tomorrow or tomorrow night and ask exactly what she knows about my adoption( and my sisters)....I know that I was placed in foster care until I was 18 months old and my birth mother relinquished all rights...she says that she wanted to keep me, but couldn't and my grandmother wanted nothing to do with me, etc..... But my adopted mom may know more about it, and if Catholic Charities is anything she is familiar with or may know if my sister was adopted through them....I hope we may have a match, but if not I wish you well in your search!! Do you know anything about your birth parents at all??? Lock Haven is about 30 minutes from Williamsport, and about an hour from State College if you are familiar with them at all!! But I will get back to you as soon as I talk to my mom,, and ask her some questions about things!!
Hi Kim, I really dont know much about my birth family. I know that my Mom was 19 when she gave birth to me & I guess that my birth father didnt know she was pregnant. I know that they were a poor family. I do know where State College is & I also know where Williamsport is....sorta. I live in Greensburg about an hour from Pittsburgh. Did you talk to your birth mom? I am really hoping that we are sisters. There are so many things I want to ask you & Trudy if we are. Get back to me when you can. I have been really busy with my 4 boys, so sorry I didnt get to this til now......its baseball season.
Celine
I receieved a message that you replied to my last post but when I got here there was nothing new. I was the last to post a message post here again.
Celine
[Edited to Remove Terms Of Service Violation]
For the protection of community members, do not solicit people to contact you privately, whether that service is free or paid, or contact people who have requested that you contact them privately. All assistance should be provided within the Community Websites.
Celine,
Sorry I don't know what happened to my last message.....I have still not heard anything from Trudy, but I am calling my foster mother who had me from birth until I was 18 months of age....I am hopeing she may be able to shed some light on things!! I talked to my adopted father a little bit ago, and is going to talk to his sister and find out if she remembers anything about Catholic Charities, or anything about my birth mother at all( my dad seems to forget all the details of my adoption....LOL) And my adopted mom was sleeping when I called her, so I may not be able to talk to her untill tomorrow night.....but I wanted to tell you that my birth father knew nothing about me until I contacted him when I was 19 years old!! I had to fight with Trudy fro years to tell me who my birth father was!! So that is also similar, and her family was deffinetly poor!! I have been trying to send you a picture, but it keeps messing up, so I am going to try again, and if there is no picture or something strange forgive me:)!! Also I know we are not allowed to give out our e-mail addresses, but mine is annkj1975 and I am at aol, so if you can write me that way also we may be able to send each other pictures etc. a little easier!!
Hopefully I will have some news tomorrow!!
Kim
Advertisements