Advertisements
Advertisements
To my knowledge....if you are listed in this book under your adopted name then you SHOULD not be listed under your birth name.....I was told that this should be Birth names in this book ....not adopted and in the few cases I have done so far that has been the case...but i know in CA, the birth index has adopted, birth, or both depending on the year and that the CA records are not complete! Perhaps TX is the same way.
So i guess the first thing everyone needs to do is see if you are listed in the book under your adopted name. Here is a link that shows the steps!!!
[url]http://www.talkaboutparenting.com/group/alt.adoption.searching/messages/76741.html[/url]
Advertisements
I found my birthmother about five years ago. If you go to this weeks article titled Finding My Birthmother. But I recieved an email from woman wanting help but the guy who helped me I don't know where his now. I thought maybe you could help her. Her email address is Justlilolm@aol.com her name name is Melissa Harvey. Thanks S. Cole
The book, through 1976, has birth names and adoptive names. Post 1976, it has only adoptive names. The problem is that online resources for any year only have the amended names and the book is organized by name not date. Therefore, you'd have to look through the whole book marking anyone born the day you were. If you know your birthname, though, and were born prior to 1976, it's a cinch.
Advertisements
Hello My name is Jason and I am searching for my birth mother father and family, I was born on April 18,1969 or 4-18-69 can you look me up please for my birth mother's name? Thank you so very much, my email address is IamMeowbaby@aol.com
Can you help me I was born on April 18,1969 Thank you very much Jason. IamMeowbaby@aol.com
jyandcsmom
I am a fellow adoptee who had recently discovered my mother's identity, but unfortunately it was too late to meet her...she died in 2002. I don't want to see any fellow adoptees search in vain so I would be glad to look up your bithmother's name. Our local library has the Texas birth index for the years spanning 1903-1976. This includes the dob, county born in, file number, and inf of. Please feel free to pm me or email if you want help.
Shelly
Advertisements
I've been searching for almost 20 years. The problem I've run into is Edna Gladney. If you would please search birth index but I feel that you will only find my adopted name and adopted parents info. DOB 11-30-40
What county? You are probably right. But! You will be in the actual book in Austin by birthname. Problem is that they aren't sorted by date, but rather by name. Given time at the archives, you could get the name.
Found you - Tarrant county. and, yes, the electronic version has only the adopted name. Four boys born that day in Tarrant County! Do you have your non-id? Census records for 1930 (your parents would be there) are public and have been of considerable help to me in many searches.
Can someone help me get into David Gray's people finder? birth.adoptionsearching. I am trying to pay through paypal and still can't get in.
Advertisements
Shelly,
my name is Felicia Ne'Shay Jackson. I was born in Tyler Texas on 10/03 1971 and was adopted shortly after my birth to a familly in California where I currently reside. Can you help me find my biological parents?:thanks: