Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Unfortunately most people that get into foster to adopt do NOT do it that way and it causes problems.
please show me the statistics that support that statement. while i agree that SOME people do foster-adopt because of selfish reasons, for you to say that most of us do is ridiculous. that child comes first.. NO MATTER WHAT I WANT, i will do whats best for that child.. and i will support that child's right to live with his/her bio mom and dad IF THEY CAN TAKE CARE OF THEIR CHILD.
YES, MY ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO ADOPT AN INFANT... but do you even know why i chose the foster care route? do you know that i come from a very wealthy family and that if i really wanted to, i could go to mommy and daddy and ask them for 10,000 dollars to adopt a child and they would give it to me in a heartbeat? do you know that the reason i am choosing to adopt a foster child is because i want to help? DOWN THE LINE we plan to adopt an older child... but right now we want to adopt a baby. THAT IS OUR CHOICE and i refuse to let you degrade it. i want to adopt a baby through foster care AND I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS.
i DO want to adopt a child with a low risk of going back to the parents. but if the parents can get their act together and can properly care for the child, then i would be HAPPY to return them to the bparents. yes, i would be sad... but in my heart i know that the BEST situation is for a child to be born to a family that loves and cares for them properly.
my intentions are ANYTHING but dishonest. especially when you consider that the STATE OFFICE flat out told me to go the foster-adopt route.
yep, things were different years ago. but this is 2004 and my state office is strongly pushing me toward foster-adopt. if i do decide to go that route, i am following the advice of my cw.