Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok I'm extremely confused. I've never heard of GSA until my birthfather mentioned it. I am glad that he's being honest with me but I don't know how to react to this situation. He's a great guy and we have so much in common it's scary. Initially I was feeling like we could be close to each other. Now I don't know what to think or what to do or how to handle this.
Has anyone experienced GSA? I don't want it to ruin things and I don't want it to be in the back of my mind all of the time either. I just don't know what to do or how to handle this situation at all.
I have experienced GSA, but am no means an expert. My half brother ( by my father) and I have made out before. That was 8 yrs ago..but I can't get him out of my mind. I do believe that if he weren't my brother,I could confront him on how I feel. We both avoid the subject, at my request 2 yrs ago. The problem is that I so want to talk about it now. I know that it is better this way...but it doesn't feel like that when we embrace. My heart brakes everyday. just learn all that U can about GSA...I wish I had better advice 4 U. If U need to talk...Email me..ok Take care. :confused:
Advertisements
I, too have experienced GSA. I learned about and reunified with my brother when we were both adolescents. The connection before we met face-to-face was strong; when we met in person, this connection and now a physical attraction was completely overwhelming. Hormones rage hard during those teen years and I would strongly, strongly suggest disclosure of birth siblings and reunions do NOT take place during these years - there is too much confusion in general and hormones just make it all a powder keg.
I only recently learned that there was a name for the experience and that my brother and I are not alone it it (what a huge relief)
I am not an expert either. However, I came across these posts as part of my first step to investigate this. If I learn anything useful, I will repost. There are over 19,000 hits in English alone on google.com. Daunting to think of sifting through that much but also gratifying in that it reinforces that my experience wasn't a sign that I was sick or pathological...
Tre - I read both your posts and cannot thank you enough for your honesty. I cannot imagine there are a lot of people willing to make themselves vulnerable as you have. It is a gift to those of us who have carried this as a shameful secret for years. Thank you, thank you!
I an in reunion with my birthfather he has an overwhelming love for me that he said he has felt this all his life. He wants to hug me and always needs akiss goodbye even though I said I'm not ready for that. He needs me to speak to him everyday reassure him he gets jellous of everyone. He wants to cacoon me as his own. He gets really nervous when we meet and makes me feel a little uncomfortable. He said he can't sleep at night as his emotions are everywhere. Please advise me
Whats going on.x:thanks:
Its unsorted emotions IMO..
Emotions going in the wrong direction.. and not real intimate caring honoring love..
You love the person for the very person they are.. not for what you want from them.. or the unrequited love..
I loved my bson before I met him.. Loved him something awful and I had never laid eyes on him.. (I was drugged for the birth) But it was a changed love.. not day to day love..
Someone said to me once.. Do not use me!Ӕ
If something feels yucky IMO we need to say no..
When someone gives a child up for adoption they need to grieve that loss.. come out the other side of it.. get real with it..
Its not something you can get back.. its done.. Its in the past..
The future is getting to know one another on an equal footing..
Jackie