Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
This thread does seem to be dead but I went back to another thread that the OP made and found this email address in one of his posts for you...I'm not sure if it's still good, but it's worth a try! cree_nativeca@yahoo.ca
Hope it helps!
native_adoptee
any native adoptees searching for family can leave a message heere for me. i will get back to you asap.
I was told that my paternal grandmother was native american. This is all that was stated in my non-identifying information. I have inquired in the state of SC about releasing my file due to the Indian child welfare act 65-908 and told because of the fact that my adoption occurred in 74 it is not applicable. Any information???
Hi, I was told I was born on Feb 4th 1985 in South Florida. I found out I was prob half Native American and that my birth fathers name might have been something like Richard Whitefeather. Thats all I know. Can you help?
Good Afternoon!
I have found my birthmother...she is American Indian. However, we have both decided not to have any further communication. However, I still have many questions. I came across my grandparents names, birthdates, etc. as well as info on aunts and uncles. I am actually trying to search for two of my sisters, that my birthmother calims I have. Any advice?
Advertisements
You know something I have been looking for my brother as well, it almost seems like being of native american indian there's not many of us that are looking for relatives. My mother never talked alot of being who she was only because in her time it was not acknowledge as much as it is today. I wish there was an easier way to be able to look up adoptees by the tribe or a the tribe which they think they may have come from, it would probably make things a little easier. I just happen to read what you wrote and give you my thought.
jeanne
(still looking)
Well you know something don't ever think it's a dead end you would think that I would of gave up a long time ago but I am not given up. Since 1999 I had made my mother a promise and til this day I am still looking for my brother which is much older then myself. I have posted my request in different sites no luck yet but that doesn't mean a thing. Don't give up.
jeanne
(still looking)
I am looking for my brother his name (given) is Richard P Benedict. Maybe if I see something listed I can help you.
Jeanne
i don't know if anyone can help me. i am 33. i was born 02/10/76 in Jonesboro, GA. my b-mom was 14 when i was born. i was placed in my adopted home 03-17-76 my adoption was finalized in 9/24/76. my a-parents are awesome! they are white so i never learned much about my Cherokee heritage. my b-mom was either full or half-Cherokee. she was from TN & came to GA to have me. if anyone can help - Thanks!
Cat
Advertisements
i have to update my post. i recently got my non-id info from GARR. my mother was 15 when she had me. she was sent from Texas to Georgia. i don't know the first name but her last name is Cowan. she was born in 60 or 61. if anyone can help that would be great!
Cat
i am a little up on the game my sister found her birth mother not to long ago. all she had to do was write to the state she was born in and request her original birth certificate. for those of you who are grown up i would say older than 21 all you need to do is write a letter requestiong your original birth certificate. hope this helps all of you! i am going to write my letter tomorrow as i am adopted as well out of south dakota.
Thanks for the info! My sister, adopted into our family before I was born, is looking for any of her birth family members. She looks Native American, but would like to know what tribe and how much. She was adopted out of Deaconess (Home of Redeeming Love) in Oklahoma City, OK. Her birthdate is 10/23/64. We are just beginning the search.... thinking of going through Deaconess Adoption agency to get some info. Any advice welcome.
Clarkster
Searching for my brother born Mar 12/69 and he is of Native American decent born in Canada and adopted in Minnesota.
Can you help??
Hi, did you sign up at [url=http://www.isrr.net]ISRR - International Soundex Reunion Registry[/url]
joan
Advertisements
Good Afternoon,
I am an adult adoptee who has been trying for several years to get some kind of medical information about my birth parents. I beleive I might be native. I was born in Quebec in August of 1955 and was adopted from LaSauverdegaurde de la Enfance (sp) any help would be greatly appreciated. I have developed several health issues that could easily be hereditary and 2 of my daughters have had the same problems. It would help the doctors to know my history.
Thank you for your time.
Susan
Helping my aunt search for her son. He was born on 12/24/70 in Pasco, Wa. He is from a Cherokee family but all that was listed was Native American.