Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I'm very new to this board. I am a female, born 9/15/61 in bridgeport Hospital. I was adopted through woodfield family services in Bridgeport. I don't know anything about my birth mother or father, or siblings if any. I do know that according to my birth certificate, I was born at 9:35 pm and weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. I was delivered by a Dr. T. Smith McLean jr. If you are anyone that is looking for a daughter with these parameters, please respond to this posting. My name is Denise now, but I don't know if I had another name at birth.
Hi. I'm a birthmother that was in Woodfield in 1969. You can contact the agency that has your birth records and they will do a search for a fee. Woodfield's records are with FSW (Family Services Woodfield). If you would like more information, please respond and I'll be glad to share.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I am aware of the fee woodfield charges to discover the name of my mother. At this time, I am unable to afford this fee. I thought I would try this way first. thanks for the response. Denise
I wish you luck in your search. How did you get your birth certificate? Did your adoptive parents get the original when you were placed? I'm new to search too and have so many questions. I was told that I can not have my records. I understand that concerning my daughter's adoption, but I would like my info. and health records. I'm mailing my info to FSW in a few minutes. I hope my daughter is looking for me and has the infomation she needs. If interested, I'll let you know how FSW does and how long it takes and $. I think you should try the Ct. State Dept of Childern's Welfare. I spoke with them before I found FSW and Claudia was so very helpful and kind. I have her info if you like.
God Bless you,
I think the birth certificate I have is a re-issue. It has the pertinent facts about my birth, but lists my adoptive parents as parents rather than birth parents. I think they did that with woodfield because I would need my birth certificate through my life. I've added you to my buddy list and I'm praying you find your daughter. Please, yes, let me know how things go for you. Denise
I just got back. I've waited 35 years to do what I just did. The notary lady was so sweet and kind. I told her what I was doing because there are different kind of notaries (sp/). Anyway, I've added you to my buddy list and would love to keep in touch. If they changed the records, how does Woodfield track people? Is is by the birthmother's records? What about the hosptial (sorry if I asked you this already)? Can you contact the hospital and have records released to your doctor or to you? I've been thinking about that myself.
It seems so unfair that our records are our records and they're hidden and so hush hush. Especially for you, being the adopted child. It is your right and I'd ask the State about what you can do.
Sandi:D
Advertisements
This is an old post but I hope to receive a reply. I am trying to locate records from Woodfield Village during the 1960s- I am also interested in speaking to birth moms who surrendered their children Thank You