Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
I just ran into this page by accident, and knew as soon as I got here, I was meant to find it. I am in the very early stages of looking for my biological parents, but unfortunately I am getting the run around on the government websites for Nova Scotia. I am curious as to how I would take the first few steps, are there papers I fill out? Where do I go for information? Would anybody be able to help me out? I feel as if I'm lost with what to do/where to go from here. Thank you in advance.
-Krista
Krista the best place to start is through Adoption Disclosure Registry. But if you know the Agency you were adopted through, you may want to contact them first as they MAY be able to make the process go faster. I personally think it's important to be sure you are emotionally prepared for any meeting or contact. I found my bfamily over 10 yrs ago and wished I had been prepared for the impact the meeting had on me. Not only that, I gave up a little girl when I was 19. I'm in the process of looking for her and I, like you, found this site and hoped to strike it lucky in finding my daughter, however, I am registered with Adoption Disclosure as well. I can't imagine it would be you, but one never knows. What is your birthdate or other details you may have on your adoption?
Advertisements
There is a site to search by year at the canadian adoptees seach registry.inc
Hope this is of some help.Wishing you all the best.....