Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been searching for my fiance's birth parents and I have found them. It was actually incredibly easy, and it could be for you.
Chances are much higher if you were born after september of 1980, because if your birth parents rights were terminated after September 12th of 1980, your adoption file is avaliable to you as long as a statement of denial has not been filed with the Central Adoption Registry of Michigan.
I simply filled out a form and sent it in with a copy of my fiance's Drivers License. And about a month later, (yesterday, his birthday) I recieved the entire file in the mail.
I talked to his Birth Father today!
I used the information in the file and signed up for a 24 hour search pass at Intelius.com and located all the names and phone numbers I could and I simply started calling around.
Go here :
[url]http://www.michigan.gov/documents/FIA1925_10575_7.pdf[/url]
Print it out, and send it in. If you're old enough and your adoption seems to fit in after September 12th, 1980... Its worth a try.
Good Luck!!!
Wondering if you know how a birthmom can get the information? I am a birthmom of a 23 year old girl born in Texas but adopted out in Michigan in August of 1983. Anyhelp will be appreciated. I just don't know how to go about searching. I have tried a few different things but have had no success.
Thanks and also great job your husband is lucky to have you on his side.
from a birthmother in Michigan,
Priscilla
Advertisements
Hello, THe records are in the county where the adoption was finalized, which was in Michigan. Its always were the adoptive parents live 1 yr. after placement. If you need more help contact me. --Wendee