Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Spaypets...I agree with your answer and the reasons for it. I also think asking for $$$ to help afford an adoption beyond the scope of your immidiate family is tacky.
Karenanne...what a set-up; you ask for opinions in an online forum where you are sure to get varied opinions and you bash the ones you disagree with. :confused: You also asked a question; "How would you feel if a few thousand dollars was standing in your way of becoming a parent??? "
Speaking as a reunited B-mom, I honestly can say "been there done that" and never once did I think I should host a fund-raiser to help keep my daughter. I am sorry for the debt your medical bills have created; I also wouldn't mind attending a garage sell or or two and recently did just that to help out a neighbor who suffered a stroke this summer. A local beautician even donated her services at a reduced rate as did a bakery. If this same friend had call to say he needed my help to off-set the costs of an adoption or a home or car he intended to buy or anything else in his future I'd have declined. JMO. Tara