Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are looking into adopting from Brazil. We do not know anything about Brazil and don't know where to begin looking for people who have adopted from there. Can anyone help us. WE have a million questions.
Cheryl
Hi Cheryl.. I am still learning about adoption as well, but I am a Brazilian (I live in Canada for 7 years) and if you need to know anything about the country itself let me know.
Advertisements
Hi there!
My husband and I are also beginning the process of adopting from Brazil. We will be starting our homestudy in May of 2006. Send me a PM with your info and we can get in touch!
I'll be waiting to hear from you! :)
I've been reading different things about ages of the children. Can anyone give an answer? What kind of SN are most common?
Amy
My husband and I are in the process of adopting from Brazil. We already have a sibling group on hold for us and now we are just waiting for approval from CIS, which hopefully should come any day now. We are still optimistic that we will be able to go by the end of this year. I can try and help out with any questions that you all may have. Brazil does not require you to use an adoption agency but we decided to go with one anyways, just to have someone else to the leg work for us. We are using a great one that I would highly recommend. We have been very happy with the way things have gone so far. I look forward to watching the rest of you go through the process. If you have any questions you can e-mail me. Good luck to all of you! Mary Jane
I am very interested in which agency you are using and how the process has gone for you thus far. My husband and I are in the beginning stages of getting started and are looking at Brazil and Haiti. Thanks! Please PM me!
Advertisements
I also would like to hear about the agency you are using. My husband and I are just starting and since I grew up in Brazil that is one of our preferences. How long has it been taking to adopt in Brazil?