Advertisements
Advertisements
Could someone who has used the NYC Birth Indexes for searching tell me if the birth names include a middle name or initial assuming there was one listed on the original birth certificate?
I have looked at the NYC Birth Index for 1941-1943 at the Family History Center.
Aside from being very difficult to use and read they didn't seem to be in any sequence other than alphabetical (somewhat) and I was wondering if these where copies on the actual NYC indexes or not?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can give.
John
John- were you looking at the physical books or microfiche at a library? I remember when looking for my bname that it was done alphabetical by year and you needed to crossreference by the cert # to find the birthname. I recall seeing some with middle names but I had been given a middle name and this was not listed in the books. The year I was born '68 also listed mother's maiden name which confirmed info and assisted me in my search. PM me with any questions.
Advertisements
johnwran
Could someone who has used the NYC Birth Indexes for searching tell me if the birth names include a middle name or initial assuming there was one listed on the original birth certificate?
I have looked at the NYC Birth Index for 1941-1943 at the Family History Center.
Aside from being very difficult to use and read they didn't seem to be in any sequence other than alphabetical (somewhat) and I was wondering if these where copies on the actual NYC indexes or not?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can give.
John
John
If it was listed on the bc, it is in the index. I was just there last week.
Susan
Can someone tell me how to do this? My MIL was adopted in 1930 in Manhattan.
If you know the hospital and birthday, what's the best way to tackle the index?
Hi Susan and thanks. Since I've posted the question I made it to the NYC Library. In my case it didn't have a middle initial.
I do appreciate your reply.
Thanks again.
John