Advertisements
Advertisements
Boy, this board has been quiet!
Any news from TanyaB? From YDH? Lauri, have you learned anything?
We just got an e-mail from our Panamanian attorney telling us that there are still no girls who are legally free for adoption (already have TPR), and that in fact, there is only "one boy, a 6-yr-old, who is healthy." She said that she cannot understand why there are no girls who already have TPR in the entire nation of Panama, and since we had given her until the end of the year, it looks like we will not be adopting from Panama.
Has anyone else learned anything at all?! I just don't get it.
Reb
--just as a reminder, my husband has 3 nearly-grown sons and we were open to a sibling group as long as one of the children was a girl.
Hey, all.
Just wanted to post to let everyone know that we've given up on Panama. We e-mailed our Panamanian attorney yesterday (after she asked us what we wanted to do with our paperwork expiring for the 2nd time), and told her to please e-mail us with her additional expenses that go beyond the original fee we paid her in July 2003 when we first hired her. (Some of you may remember that she was our second attorney. The first we had hired in Sep. 2002!)...and that we're done with Panama. :(
Our only hope now, after depleting almost our entire adoption loan, is to hope that foster care comes through for us. :confused:
I sure hope things begin to change with Panama and that those of you who have referrals don't have to wait much longer before you can bring your precious little ones home!!! :)
In the meantime, I'll be sure to post here if things start to look up for us! (I've been visiting the Attachment Disorders board. Did you know that children from orphanages are just as likely to have attachment disorders as children who are bounced in and out of foster homes?!...due to a lack of trust of adults and no true bonds/attachments with caregivers.) It's worth researching, anyway...especially since there are very few licensed (experienced) attachment therapists! Here's a woman who adopted internationally and has had a really rough time. But she started a national parent support group and lectures all over the country! [url]http://www.radzebra.org/pages/Ourstory.htm[/url]
Rebecca
Advertisements
I'm not sure if you remember me or not. I changed from Panama to Guatemala back in July. I come back often to see how everyone's doing. I just wanted to wish you the very best in your adoption journey.
Warmest regards,
Carol