Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all! I just got my call from my agency. I got a referral for a 4 year old boy. His name is Angel David. How perfect a name can have!!!! I didn't expect this at all so soon. God does work in amazing ways. He appears very happy and healthy in the photos. I'm at such a loss of words currently I don't know much more to write. He was born in Chararra (spelling) and is currently living at malambo orphanage in Panama city. Don't know much else other than he's a very affectionate boy who loves to hug everyone at the orphanage. I got the call why at a conference in Lake Tahoe so I had them email his info and photos to the hotel and that's where I received this wonderful news. I'll be getting home some time Sunday evening and anticipate that I've sent my email from the hotel correctly to my email so that I will have that entire file on my home computer. I'm sure the agency sent it to my home but, I was so emotional when she called me on my cell while being out of town, I don't remember much of the conversation. So, that's the most amazing X-mas present anyone could receive!!!!!!! All I can say to the rest of you families out there, never give up hope and faith that you child will be chosen. I'll keep you up to date on all future info. Thank you God for all your wonderful gifts especially for my little boy!
Congrats Anita, that's wonderful news!
Any idea when you will be able to travel and bring your son home?
Julie
Advertisements
No idea as to when there's a possibility of traveling. Once I say I"m interested in this child then a true referral is made and the process for TPR begins. I don't know much else.
Aren't you with Faith, Anita? If so, are they giving referrals now before TPR has been completed?
Just curious if this means the process is changing,
Rebecca
Yes, Rebecca, I'm with Faith. They gave the referral first to be sure you accept/want that child before they go through doing the work necessary for TPR. From what they have told me, this has been the process. Obviously, they can't offer any garauntees until the TPR is complete but, they chose this boy because it looks very positive that his TPR will be able to be accomplished and he'll be available to be adopted.
Oh, OK. That makes sense. That's basically what our attorney did a couple of months ago when she told us about the little 2-yr-old boy with mental retardation and a fused ear. He either already had TPR, or it was expected that he would get it quickly due to his special needs, but she wanted to see if we would adopt him before proceeding. (We declined.)
Well, congrats! That is a great Christmas present!!! :D
Take care,
Rebecca
Advertisements