Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, need help on where to get paperwork, what paper work and what steps we need to take for my husband to adopt my son. The birth father has oky'd this. Thanks Stephanie
Hi...from the state of Washington...What county do you live in?? We filed 7 years ago and if it is still the same (which I am sure it is) all you have to do is go to your County Clerks Office tell them you want to get the step-parent adoption packet (if I remember correctly it was $120) it comes with all the instructions on what to do and is fairly simple to do yourself especially if the biological father is willing...just make sure that when he signs the document terminating his rights that there is a neutral 3rd party to witness so he can't say he felt threatened or what have you to sign the paper. Another step is the "walk through" by a social worker which is either $250 or $500 let me know if you have any ???
Advertisements
My husband adopted my kids almost one year ago in Spokane County. We paid about $1000 because we were worried about doing the paperwork ourselves. My attorney sent the paperwork to him in England and it didn't have to be noterized. We had a post placement homestudy and saw the judge. It was actually very sweet, the judge let us take pictures and had the kids talk. I would try to County Clerks office to see if they have paperwork for step parent adoption. I had researched online and couldn't find anything for Washington as far as forms go. Good luck!