Advertisements
Advertisements
:rolleyes: Just wondering who is still slugging it out in Panama. Just scanning the pages and a few don't seem to be posting- How are things going? Looks like a possible referral/TPR in the future for one family. Just wanted to drop in
There are a few of us still waiting. We are still waiting for the official referral and court date.
Lauri
Dossier submitted July 2003
Unofficial referral August 2003
First visit to Panama March 2004
TPR complete November 2004
Awaiting official referral and court date
Advertisements
Hey, Y! Long time no hear from!
Is your little one home, yet? If so, we'd love to see some pics of her!!!
Lauri, I can't believe how long it's taking for the "official referral." I'm so sorry for what your family has had to go through these last two years. :mad: But we keep your family (and the others still waiting) in our thoughts and prayers even though we pulled out of Panama at the end of 2004. :)
Take care.
Rebecca
Rebecca,
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. You would know better than anyone the struggles of the process. We are still hopeful as the new government has only had a few months to operate, and we all know that major changes cannot occur in just a few months. We have not posted lately because there has been no information to post. I did hear good news that 2 families from Faith were either traveling or expecting to travel soon for the final processing. Don't have any other details, but the process is moving for some families. How are things with you? You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Regardless of where you are searching we are all searching for our children and want to bring them home.
Lauri
Thanks for the update, Lauri.
We became foster licensed this summer and have done respite care for a sibling group we are hoping to adopt. Their mom's TPR hearing was a couple of weeks ago, but the judge hasn't made a ruling, yet. Even if she is TPRed, we will have to go before a committee in our state to be considered along with two or three other families. So we're keeping our fingers crossed!
Hoping to have some sort of news soon, and hope you get some good news, too.
Rebecca