Advertisements
Advertisements
My hubby and I recently adopted a baby girl. When we found out about her, we were living in Hawaii. We have always agreed that we would give our child a name in reference to where we where. (Somewhat common among military families ie. Carson for Fort Carson, Campbell for Fort Campbell) Anyway... We really liked the name Kiele. Pronounced key-l-a. But at the same time I always wanted our children to have an Irish name. After looking and debating over and over I found the Irish name Kylie. In Irish Kylie means "Graceful." We had also liked the name Grace, but already had two in the family, so Kylie stuck. When we realized the two names were so close we choose to name our daughter Kieley. It's pronounced to everyone else as the Irish version, but spelled the Hawaiian way. However, Mommy and Daddy's special nickname for her is Kiele, the Hawaiian pronunciation. Long story... hope I didn't confuse anyone else, cause I feel a little confused. IN the end, we have a name for where we were, and an Irish name. Not to mention a strong southern name, Savannah, in the middle. (Poor kid)
What a great story, and beautiful name! I love the name Kylie, and DH and I both love the name Savannah! ;) So of course, I must say, kudos on finding a gorgeous name that has such a great meaning to your family!
Advertisements
I love when names are picked not only for their beauty but that they have special meaning to your family. Kieley is beautiful and the meaning is great!!!
I have a passion for Irish surnames used as first names. My top picks were -
Quinn
Griffin
Baily
Murphy
All are unisex, can be used for a boy or girl. I was leaning toward Quinn. When I got my son's bio info, it stated he was the 5th child born to his birthmother. Quinn meaning 5th, just HAD to be his name.