Advertisements
Advertisements
On the China Medical Statement for you Dossier, do you have to have it notarized. If you do how do you do that. Do you have to send a notary to the Dr.'s office?
Call the doctor's office first. Many offices have a notary on staff. If they do not, you will have to pay a traveling notary (see your Yellow Pages) to accompany you. My dh's doctor's office had a notary on staff but mine did not so it was another $75 to pay the traveling notary.
Kristen
Advertisements
I have to say this was the single thing I was most apprehensive about. DH and I have the same Dr. which made it a little easier. We went in for our mini physical, had blood work done, etc. The following week we had an appointment just to have our test results recorded and our paperwork signed in front of the traveling notary (found on line). Just be careful when working with a traveling notary that you may not know. There are very strict guidelines about when their licensure (can not remember what they call it) can expire, etc. Also, to get the notary certified, you must go to the clerk of the courts for their home county, this is the county that they live in, not where they work or where they signed your paperwork (at least this is how it is in my state). It's also a good idea to have extra copies of the paperwork in case the Dr. or notary makes a mistake, you cannot have white out or cross outs on your documents.
In the end it was easier than I had it all worked up to be. Good Luck!
We have done it different for each of our 3 adoptions. For the first one, there was a Notary in the office building that our Doctor was in. For the second one, we paid a 'Mobile' Notary to meet us there. For the third one, our doctor was kind enough to take it to his bank on his way home from work and have it notarized there.