Advertisements
Advertisements
It makes me think of the challenges I had learning to spell my name. Ephraim will have fun understanding early on in life that ph can make an fffff sound. ;)
Advertisements
I LOVE Ephriam(E-Free-um), Ephram (ef-rum) is ok.
I've always thought Ephriam Cole would make for a good name :D
I knew a guy named Ephriam in HS, and everyone called him "Free" which wasn't too bad :D :D
Brandy, I'm with the crowd that thinks it sounds Jewish (I'm Jewish, but Brandy isn't, just so no one thinks I'm saying that it's a negative)-- especially with your German last name. I think an aquaintance of mine named her younger son that (her older one is Abraham).
Anyway, if you don't care if people might assume he's Jewish, then I think it's a great name.
Advertisements
I really like it. In fact, it's on our list for boys, but I doubt it will win (DH isn't overly crazy about it). The more I hear it on "Everwood", the more I like it...of course, Delia has been one of our top choices for a girl for years. I need to stop watching so much TV.... :)
First of all, I like the name Ephraim. In Israel it's considered a bit of an old-fashioned name, which are starting to become trendy again, slowly but surely.
There is a nickname as well: Effy
Second of all: I've been on a waiting list for adoption since December and... we got a call from our Social Worker on Monday and our new son was home on Wednesday.. :) All of 7 weeks old and cute as a button,
Adam Jacob..
[font=Impact]I happen to really Love the Name Ephraim [/font]
[font=Impact]except i spell it diffently Ephram~[/font]
[font=Impact]im actually planning on naming my future son's middle name [/font]
[font=Impact]Ephram so i like Ephraim too~[/font]
:D
Shai's Mom
Second of all: I've been on a waiting list for adoption since December and... we got a call from our Social Worker on Monday and our new son was home on Wednesday.. :) All of 7 weeks old and cute as a button,
Adam Jacob..
What wonderful news!! Congrats!
Advertisements
Funny..
I was at the beach a few weeks ago, and the little girl who played with my son was named Ephram (no idea how to spell it) she goes by Ephy (Effy)
Leigh
It can also be spelled Efraim. It's not an unusual name at all among Orthodox Jews. My dh knows an Ephraim which was shortened to 'Effie'! You could give it as a first name with a one-syllable middle name.
Love the name Brandy and I come from a family of well names.
My Grandma - Winifred
My Grandpa - Siegfried (called "Seef)
My mom - Glenice
All of this with a last name like Hoogestraat
(Imagine that when I'm asked "...and you're mother's maiden name?)
My other Grandpa - Reist Reist (no really Reist Reist)
My Dad - Reist Eby
My Brother - Reist Eby
Me - Cody
All of this with a last name like Mummau
having a 'different' name was difficult at times but no one ever forgets it. Everywhere I go people remember our last name. It's pretty cool now.
icunurse
I really like it. In fact, it's on our list for boys, but I doubt it will win (DH isn't overly crazy about it). The more I hear it on "Everwood", the more I like it...of course, Delia has been one of our top choices for a girl for years. I need to stop watching so much TV.... :)
Me Too! And I am an EVERWOOD aholic! I tivo it every week! Go Ephraim!
Advertisements
If it makes any difference, do think about how many other Ephraim's will be out there in 10 years because of Everwood.
We have a Hannah and although there are not many in her class (I think she was the only one out of 500+), there are a ton of Hannah's about 8-10 years younger than her. Tom Seleck and I started a trend with our Hannahs. I still remember telling my mom and sister that we were thinking about this name and they both went...yuck, an old lady name.
So dd #2 got the boring Megan and there are a bunch of those but everyone else picked a weird spelling.
Truth is they are probably going to hate their name for about 10 years and then they get the chance to play with someone else's life by naming their own kids.
D.
I knew an Ephraim in the '70s. He was a colorful "hippie" character who was sort of a local folk hero. He had to leave town suddenly I heard because the FBI was looking for him. I always liked him and his name seemed to fit him.