Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and my husband and I just took custody of our adoptee daughter on 22 July when she was born. We attempted to get medical benefits for her and the state and the county both denied her medical saying that we made too much in the military. So we called tricare and explained our information and the supervisor there gave us the following advice.
If you can't get immediate medical for your adoptee child you can register them like you normally would, schedule their appointments and attend like usual. When the hospital submits the forms they will be rejected and sent back but you can resubmit them after the adoption is final and they should be accepted by tricare.
We haven't tried this yet, since we found a retired Army Doctor who is willing to work with us. But I will post back when I find out how it works for us.
Hope this might be helpful to someone.
*** I guess I should mention that we aren't going through an agency. From what I understand this is typically taken care of by agencies since they are state representatives.