Advertisements
Advertisements
Thanks and good luck in your search. I have found that many mothers from an era do not actively search for various reasons but have made mention of their placed children to their other children or other family members. I am currently searching for a birth cousin (I know birth mother and father and half siblings names) and aiding a friend in the quest of her birth family. Without a name of either mother or father it is much like searching for a needle in a haystack! Thus the ideal of this thread was created.
My paternal male cousin was born May 24, 1962 in Hayti, Missouri. Possibly placed in Illinois, the Chicago area. His birth mother's name is Elain M. Strock or Strack. She had 2 older sons, Ricky and Garry Steigman.The birth father, my uncle, is Thelbert (Peck) Cole. He has 2 younger children.
My female friend was born in St Louis, MO on August 4, 1963 at Bethseda Hospital. She was placed at the Children's home Society and the adoption was finalized within the City of St. Louis. She grew up in rural Missouri.