Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
I'm so glad to find this forum! We live in White Marsh, and are in the process of adoption from Guatemala. Our homestudy is almost complete, and we have almost finished gathering our dossier documents!
I just had a question about the Maryland adoption tax benefits. I spoke with someone (not sure where) from some Maryland tax office today, and they said something to the effect that we would be eligible for up to $5000 in incurred adoption expenses for a non-special-needs child. Can anyone tell me if that is accurate, and if so, how does it work? She gave me a form number, line number, and code, so I guess we can look that up on our tax software, but I thought you all might have some personal experience with this.
Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Karon :)
Welcome to the world of adoption.. There is a federal tax credit (just over $10,100) that you will be able to take.. and Marylad also has a tax credit but I don;t recall it being as much as $5000, but I did not pay that much attention.
We did a domestic adoption, but I think for international you will have to wait for the year that you bring the child home to qualify for this credit.
Hope that helps.
Mandy
Advertisements