Advertisements
Advertisements
I would like to hear from anyone on this list who is a registered voter and lives in NC. Please write to me and let me know what it would take for you to join a group in trying to gain access original birth certificates. Surely most of you who live in NC would like to have the chance to at least fight for this right. I have a hard time believing everyone on this list would rather 'leave it to others' to do the work for them. :(
I know everyone has a lot going on in their lives, however if the NC Coalition for Adoption Reform (NCCAR)goes before the legislature in 2007, the group needs 'warm' bodies, to be with them. Anyone on this list who lives within the vicinity of Raleigh, should join us. We need you to go to the capital with us.
Do I sound like I am pleading? Yes I am, because I have become very discouraged. :( There are a core of 8-10 people who devote themselves with tireless devotion to doing this. However just like with the march next spring, we cannot do it with 8-10 people, and actually believe the legislature will listen to us. We need to have at least 50 or more people.
I keep seeing people say they are "So frustrated" "Where do I start" and and I want what is mine and many other comments. If you are that frustrated then why not join the cause which might just be able to get you what you want?
I would really like to hear everyone's excuse :rolleyes: on why they cannot help with this, so please write me at nccar@mindpring.com and let me know.
If you want to know more about what we are doing go to our website and check it out: [url]http://adoptionreform-nc.org[/url].
Hearing from you may be the determining factor on if this state still has a reform group come 2006. I have been at it now for 6 years, and our group has come up with good legislation. We have the backing of a lot of the adoption agencies. But that is not what will change the tide in Raleigh. We need adoptive parents, adoptees and birthparents to show up in force in 2007, or the adoptive families who have always put a stop to any legislation before, will win once more.
I look forward to hearing from you. :)
Roberta