Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a visit trip on my mind and am wondering what to take. Our children were born begin September and were about 5 1/2 lb each and 49 cm at about 1 1/2 weeks old. We have not received any new updates and I am not sure if we will before visiting. I was planning to bring size 3 month clothing along as the babies are smaller but maybe I should bring some newborn items? I hope to visit in about one to 1 1/2 months when they will be 2 1/2 to 3 months old. What sizes did your children wear at those ages? What size was your child at birth, height/weight? Sofar I gathered mostly sleeprs with feet on them as that is what the agency recommended. What type of clothes did you bring and or recomend? TIA Anna
Oh what a sweetie peanut. One thing I am not sure about is if the weights and lenght are birth or where taken when the referral video was made. Maybe I should take some NB clothes along just incase the 3 month is too big. Anna
Advertisements
Our daughter weighed 5lb 13oz at birth. We visited when she was 2 1/2 months and weighed 8lb 5oz. I took 0-3 month clothes. Some fit and others were pretty big on her. We just received updated pictures when she was 4 months, and she was wearing one of the outfits we had left. It looked like it fit about perfectly. I took all different kinds of clothing..16 outfits for 4 days!!:D We changed her 3 or 4 times a day...so funny! Anyway, if you run the air conditioner in your room, I'd be sure to take warm sleepers as the babies aren't used to the air conditioning. Our daughter had a cough when we visited, and the FM requested we not use the air conditioning..:( We didn't, and it was pretty uncomfortable. But, it was a small price to pay to be with our daughter, and we were really happy that the FM was so concerned about her well being...
Maria Jose weighed 5lb 6ounces when she born and when we visited her, two weeks ago, she was between 8 to 9 pounds. I took with me 0-3 months and the clothing was big on her. I would reccommend you to buy newborn and 0-3 months. Newborn will fit perfect, because babies in GUatemala are smallers.
many blessings,
My bio's have such huge feet I've always had to cut out the feet. My 11 yr old daughter is now wearing a woman's 10!!!
papito
isabella still wears 0-3mo and sometimes 3-6, but i would definately bring 0-3, isabella is now almost 4 month and she still fits into her early clothes, although she is a bit long and is outgrowing a bit the feet
From your posts and others, it sounds like I can justify another shopping spree.(-; Let me see if I can talk DH into it. I did not buy any NB thinking those would be too small. It would be fun to have some NB outfits to put on them. Anna
mildredjohn
Maria Jose weighed 5lb 6ounces when she born and when we visited her, two weeks ago, she was between 8 to 9 pounds. I took with me 0-3 months and the clothing was big on her. I would reccommend you to buy newborn and 0-3 months. Newborn will fit perfect, because babies in GUatemala are smallers.
many blessings,
Advertisements
Eric was 5 lb 14 oz at birth. When we visited at 3.5 months, the 0 - 3 size fit him perfectly. The newborns were a little snug. At 6 months old, 6 month shirts and 3 month pants fit him well.
For whatever it's worth -- my boy was 7.3 pounds at birth, 10 pounds at 1 month, 13 pounds at 2 months, and I'm guessing was about 15 pounds when I visited him right before he turned 3 months old. I brought mostly 3-6 month old clothing, which fit him perfectly. He'd already grown out of 0-3 month! 6-9 month clothing is too big for him.
I too brought a lot of sleepers, but I also brought some cute onesie/short outfits. Just be sure to bring socks -- people in Guatemala like to see babies with their feet covered!
I'm guessing that if your babies were 5 1/2 pounds at birth, they may be about 7 pounds at 1 month and 9-10 pounds at 2 months (just a guess). I'm thinkin' that 0-3 months should fit well. NB usually maxes out at 10 pounds. 0-3 should go up to 12 pounds, I think.
Anyway, hope this helps. Enjoy the shopping spree!!
We went to get Mia at 3 1/2 months and I took 3 month clothes and they were way too big. I called my Mom and told her to run out and buy us newborn clothes so she and the neighbors did. She is now almost 17 months and wears 9 month and just got her Robeze shoes which are 0-6 month.
Ava was 5lbs 11oz at birth. When we visited, she was just about 4 months old. I brought mostly 3-6 clothes and they were all very big on her. Luckily I had also brought some 0-3 items that fit her well. When we picked her up at 6 1/2 months, she was wearing 3-6. Now at 9 months, she finally graduated into 6-9.
Happy shopping!
God bless,
Lisa
Advertisements
My son was about that size when he was born and when I visited him at 2 mos. the 0-3 month clothes fit perfectly. Also some of the 3-6 were fine, I just needed to roll the arms up. The nice thing about 3-6 mo. size is that you can leave them with the fostermother for the baby to grow into. I've found that he tends to run pretty true to size with the clothes - I think most US born kids are bigger than what the clothes sizes say - at least in my family.
like many of the others whose little referrals were in the 5# rang, my little sweetie was 5.4 at birth and when i visited her at 10 weeks NO 3-6 were even close to BIG! the 0-3s were even too big. at pickup at 4.5 months she was a perfect fit for 3/6 months with a little room.
happy shopping!
cris
How much did Mia weigh at birth and how tall was she? Was she premie? TIA Anna
KellyMigoya
We went to get Mia at 3 1/2 months and I took 3 month clothes and they were way too big. I called my Mom and told her to run out and buy us newborn clothes so she and the neighbors did. She is now almost 17 months and wears 9 month and just got her Robeze shoes which are 0-6 month.
We just returned from visiting our 3 month old. She weighs 11 lb and is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. I thought she would be able to wear 3-6, so that's what I took with us, but they swallowed her.
Advertisements
Hi guys,
My sister is going to deliver a baby in next month so I am thinking of purchasing newborn baby clothes.
So please suggest me some ideas from Where I should purchase adorable baby clothes?
Thanks in advance.