Advertisements
Advertisements
It is my understanding that:
The dr.s letter needs to be on letterhead
States that me, my husband, and my child are all in Good physical and mental health, and thats all she needs to say. And that I need a seperate letter for each member of my family stating exactly that.
Ex- Erin, Adam and Meeah are all in my care and are in good physical and mental health.
And I need 3 just like that right?
Or do I need seperate ones saying
Erin is in good health- and not mention the rest of my family
Adam is in good health
Meeah is in good health
Erin;
You need a letter from your doctor stating that she saw you on such a date and that you are in good health and are free of communicable diseases. Then, you need a letter for each of your children from their pediatrician stating that they are in good health and are up to date on the immunizations. Lastly, any other member of your family must have a letter from their attending physician stating something similar to yours. I hope this helps. Let me know if you would like my sample letter as a referance.
Advertisements
So she doesn't need to address all 3 of us on each letter then right? Just each individually? We all see the same family doctor.
We have a letter for each individual. My letter from my doc...one from my husband's doc...and a letter for each of my kids from thier pediatrician.
I think that each agency probably has their own preference for how they like the forms done. But I can tell you what mine said (and, to answer your original question, each letter only talks about one person. So your own letter would not make any mention about any other member of your family).
"Medical Examination for Adoptive Parent"
On (Date), I examined (name). I find that she is in good physical and mental health, is free from communicable disease, and that she is mentally and physically capable of parenting a child.
Sincerely,
Of course, the above form would be on letterhead and would need to be notarized. Hope that helps.
Christie
Advertisements
I agree with CLHsilent -- each agency has their own preferred medical form, I believe. The form should be copied onto the doctor's stationary.
My agency's form begins with patient's name & date of exam adn then asks yes/no questions about whether the patient has any contagious diseases, serious diseases or disabling conditions, mental illness or chemical dependency. If any of those questions are answered "yes," then there's room on the form to explain. There's also space to explain the nature of the patient's medical condition that rendered him/her infertile or unable to conceive a child.
At the bottom of the form, the doctor prints his or her name and signs under the following statement: "It is my professional medical opinion that the patient is in good health and has no medical condition that would affect the patient's ability to function as an adoptive parent."