Advertisements
Advertisements
It appears that my uncle 'William Logan Grant' was baptised May.10 1914 at St John's Church,Bedford, IN. Diocese of Indianapolis:adopted 1914 by Frank Joseph and Rachel Evelyn 'Logan' Grant. [signed, Wm.Crossman Otte (Rector)]{sponsors,Mrs. Wm Crossman Otte/Joseph G Grant/George E Sary}
My mother we think ,MAY also have been adopted in the same town, but was B: July 16 1925. The 1920 census shows Frank,Evelyn and Billy living I think on Cedar Terrace in Hot Springs, Garland Co. AR. 1930 they were all four living on Oaklawn Blvd. I have Baptism records for both. My mother was baptised in Hot Springs, Arkansas April 1927. Her full name was Dorothy Janet Grant. Don't know birth name of either.
This is all I have. Can anyone help me find the name of the birth parents? :o
Unfortunately, Indiana births are listed only through 1920, so can't find your mother's birth. However, often there is an index available at the library. It may be worth a phone call to the library or vital records in the county seat to see if it is available. The difficult part would then be that unless it's electronic, you'd have to search by name - AGONY! But one can always hope.
Good Luck!
Advertisements