Advertisements
Advertisements
Im a mother of three beautiful childern and been divorced over three years . I just married again to a wonderful man who has been in my life for the past three years one of which is the only daddy my youngest has known . He loves the childern with all his heart and wishes to adopt them . the childerns father has not once contacted then does not pay child support and as of right now Im unable to locate Him at all.. all three childern call thier stepdad daddy and love Him to pieces , anyone know what my first steps should be ? before the divorce ther bio father expressed his well wishes to my now husbend and verbably said he would allow and adoption . In my eyes He abonded them after the divorce fully and completely . no money seen and no visitation no letters no calls . nothing if you can help any would be apprecaited
sincerely
loving wife and mother :)
If you can't afford an attorney, look at our local court's website or call the Children's Court for the appropriate forms. You could petition for stepparent adoption on your own and will either have a home study or interview with a social worker. Once she knows your case, she will make legal recommendations on how to proceed in court.
Advertisements